Biology vs Ext2 English (1 Viewer)

What should I do?

• Go with Bio

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Go with Ext2 Eng

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Take both, and get rid of something else (specify in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
Hey guys.
Yr 12's starting very soon, and I'm unsure about what subjects I should choose/keep.

Currently (Yr11 course) I have:
3u maths
3u eng
2u legal
2u business
2u biology

Now, I'm looking at a career of something law/business related, so I think it's best if I keep legal and business. I'm also fine with 3u maths and eng.

The problem I'm having is choosing whether I should take up ext2 english in place of biology, or whether I should just keep bio and forget about ext2.

I took up bio more as an interest subject than something to further my future career-wise. I'm not doing overly great in it though, so the only reason why I'm thinking of keeping it is because people have said the Yr12 course is much more interesting.
On the other hand, I did quite well in both 2u and ext1 english, and think that by taking up ext2 eng I'll have one less exam to do during the HSC and I'll get free periods during school (as I'll only have 11units).

So yeah, I can't really decide what to do.
Would anyone (perhaps past Yr12s) have any advice?

Thanks,
Guol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Have you considered doing both Biology and EE2 to get a taste of how they go together? You might then make an informed decision to whether to keep one and/or drop the other.

But based on the information given, I reckon you should go with EE2 based on how well you've done in Advanced English and EE1. If you're starting to find Biology boring and you're not achieving the marks that you're expecting, drop it.

iEdd

HSC
I voted for bio, because that is what I would do.

In your situation, go for EE2, because if you have a knack for English/arts you should be able to coast through nicely. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
biologty is aids man GO FOFR GOLD ANDDO EE@

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
Yeh that sounds like an OK plan. I'll probably try both of them for a month or so to get a taste of them.

I wouldn't say I have a 'knack' for English, but in comparison to Bio I'd say my marks are better in English.
iEdd - Why would you go for bio?

Just wondering:
what types of texts are you able to do for EE2?

iEdd

HSC
Guol said:
iEdd - Why would you go for bio?
Well, one reason is because it's a bludge (at least compared to chemistry or physics, which are more difficult sciences). The other is because I despise the English syllabus. ;)

iEdd

HSC
Basically Guol, no-one except you can make this decision. If you really can't decide, just keep both for 5-10 weeks. Do the first year 12 assessment for each.

Guol

Awesome Member
HSC
Yeh that sounds like a plan.
I'll probably go with EE2 though, because if I want to do Bio simply for interest I may as well just read the textbook out of school or something.
Thanks all for the comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)