• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biology (1 Viewer)

Kukudas

HSC > WOW
HSC
Guys
i think the hardest part of maintaining a balance is
Filtration
Reabsorption
ADH
Aldosterone..

can some1 plz give me simple explanation on this 4???

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
IIRC:

filtration occurs in the bowman's capsule (glumerulous... sp?). The high pressure in the blood stream forces most substances in the blood stream into the nephrones. .

Reabsorption occurs when the essentials filtrated is reabsorbed from nephron back to the blood stream, whilst leaving waste (such as urea, excess water and salt) in the nephron....

ADH - anti-diuretic hormone: a hormone triggers a higher amount of readsorption of water.... usually realised when osmoreceptor senses a lower than normal water concentration in the blood stream

aldosterone - hormone which triggers more adsorption of water and certain salt (K+ iirc), released when salt conc and water conc is low...

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
Kukudas said:
Guys
i think the hardest part of maintaining a balance is
Filtration
Reabsorption
ADH
Aldosterone..
filtration at the bowmans capsule... pretty much the separation of blood and the bad shit like urea
reabsorption =active transport of ions like k+, glucose, amino acids, salt. then h2o follows becuase the concentration gratient is higher on the outside of the tubule

adh- it alters the amout of water secreted or reabsorbed this alters the concentration of the urine k?
coffee is a diuretic and that makes u pee so put it with the anti so thats how i remember it..

and aldestorone produce in the adrenal cortex, thats near the kidneys and this increase the reabsorption of sodium ions back into the body

from what i remember =]

Last edited:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
reabsorption is not necessarily JUST active put passive as well in that concentration gradients may vary inside the tubule and in the blood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)