Biomedical Engineering. (1 Viewer)

kwabon

Banned
HSC
i want to do Biomedical engineering next year at uni.
in the UAC booklet this caught my attention, i didnt really understand it, asked the guys at the open days but didnt a good enough answer, so here goes

in UNSW it had;
Mechatronics Engineering with a major in Biomedical
Mechanical Engineering with a major in Biomedical

thats pretty self explanatory

but in USYD it had
Bachelors in Biomedical Engineering

what exactly does that involve? but that i mean, do we learn about stuff from software engineering, mechanical engineering and other stuff? it the biomedical course at USYD much more general?

if so, what would be good in terms of job opportunities, salaries and so on? the majoring at biomedical in UNSW or just getting the bachelors in Biomedical?

really have to decide which uni i am going to. :-S

thanks for all your help.

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
My personal interpretation: M means Masters.

Take from it what you will.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
UNSW is Bachelors/Masters

IDK what value that "masters" is

Biomed engineering is not good anyway. Do either Mechanical (UNSW) or Chemical (USYD)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
in case you lopped off the hand of someone you mistook for someone else, you could apologize in the form of building a mechanical hand with your biomedical engineering degree

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Impossible to get a decent job in Australia. Hard pressed to find work experience either

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
fine, if you want me to be more helpful I'll tell you this:

Everytime randoms ask me what course i want to do i like to tell them completely random courses. One time at USYD some real tripped out girl doing honors in science asked me and i told her biomedical engineering. In this really spaced out voice she was like:

"nooooo, don't do that man. There are no jobs in biomedical engineering. It's a growing industry and australia has the lagest biomedical industry in the world. I really don't think you should do it. It's really important that if you want to do engineering you stick to one of the main fields cause then you can like work anywhere. Ok good I'm glad you dont want to biomedical engineering anymore."

Yes i can see the contradiction above, but it seems like there arent many jobs around. If you do it with unsw at least you'll ahve a bachelor of normal engineering to fall back on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)