Bioploymer HELP (1 Viewer)

rockets

HSC
N/A
Can someone help me with this???
How would you outline the characteristics of biopolymers?
How would you express it?
Ta

rockets

HSC
N/A
I saw all them, but need to know the general characteristics of biopolymers?
Do you say things like there natural things (or occur naturally), are biodegradeable.
HELP me, please!!!

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
yep i reckon the question will be like compare biopolymer with a non-bio(??)polymer...
so u talk about that one is biodegradable... talk about the expense and time for manufacturing... the similarities in their properties like flexible or whatever.
i did Poly(hydroxybutanoate) lots of stuff about it in a few books i have.. the success 1 and macquarie chemistry study guide

HSC
is it true to say PHA, PHB and PHV are part of Biopol? or should I just say they're biopolymers?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
just say they are biopolymers. Biopol is a trademark name is it not? from a company or something that produces biopoylmers? i only say that coz when i saw Biopol somewhere last, it had a superscript of TM at the top. :p

anyhow, im using PLA=Polylactic acid. its good, i got full marks for it in the trials, and i've always remembered it, if anyone wants summarised info on PLA, lemme know, ill post it up.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
just say they are biopolymers. Biopol is a trademark name is it not? from a company or something that produces biopoylmers? i only say that coz when i saw Biopol somewhere last, it had a superscript of TM at the top. :p

anyhow, im using PLA=Polylactic acid. its good, i got full marks for it in the trials, and i've always remembered it, if anyone wants summarised info on PLA, lemme know, ill post it up.
ME PLEASE!! MY ASSESSMENT IS DUE TOMORROW LOL I NEED TO CHECK MY RESEARCH ASSIGNMENT WITH YOURS PLSSSS

along with inclass questions tomorrow =(

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
there are 2 maiin, easy biopolymers that shoud be done for this topic

Y make things complicated???

1) PLA (Polylactic Acid)
2) Biopol (this is a trademark name) - it is a co-opylmer of PHB-PHV (full name is: poly-3-hydroxybutyrate-poly-3-hydroxyvalerate

so do one of them

u just need to know: its name (ive given above), the bacteria/enzyme needed to produce it, the chemistry in its synthesis (ie how it is synthesised), its properties, its uses and potential uses

thats that

/ .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)