• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bioploymers (1 Viewer)

dragonflizzy

HSC
Has anyone else heard of this new bioploymer Mirel? It is in New Scientist this week. There is a web site for it too. just Google.

It would be great for Prod of Materials dot point 2. Heaps of information for 'assess' or 'evaluate' or any of those long answer questions.

Would the markers have heard of it by November?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
you can assume they do... cept if they didn't, you'd get marked down...

Alfred_rulz

Very Important Person
HSC
Finding new materials are great for subjects like Geography and English but I wouldn't advice using new materials in Chemistry, why not just use Biopolymers like Biopol or PLA. There has been change in naming hydrocarbons, but NSW Board of Studies has marked down people answering it new ways, so for tour sake, stick with Biopol and PLA

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Alfred_rulz said:
Finding new materials are great for subjects like Geography and English but I wouldn't advice using new materials in Chemistry, why not just use Biopolymers like Biopol or PLA. There has been change in naming hydrocarbons, but NSW Board of Studies has marked down people answering it new ways, so for tour sake, stick with Biopol and PLA
They won't reduce your marks at all, they won't award them for incorrect responses.

I hope the PHA and PHB made from bacteria suits the questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)