• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Birth rates up. (3 Viewers)

Abbeygale

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
They should be stopped having more kids that they can't afford. Cause in the end they aren't paying for their kids everyone else is.
What sort of model do you propose? Perhaps people should only be able to have one child per twenty thousand dollars a year they earn. Once they exceed their child to income ratio, iamsickofyear12 can forcibly sterilise them. Or, to ensure a reversible option in case they get a $20kpa payrise, insert an implanon.

eco-activist

HSC
N/A
Maybe each family/parent should be made to pay for their own children and all child benefits be removed?

Abbeygale

HSC
Wow, now there's compassion for you. What about the people who genuinely need the child benefits to survive?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Abbeygale said:
Wow, now there's compassion for you. What about the people who genuinely need the child benefits to survive?
Then they don't survive. That'll make them think twice about having kids then won't it.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Abbeygale said:
No, just restrict your own life span by eschewing all the medical advances that have caused the overpopulation problem. If you feel strongly about it.
Maybe ppl should start smoking so they die quicker

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The people that have the most kids are the poor people wo can't support them, and the rich couples who can afford them would rather not have them. I am not really a taxpayer, I work for cash, so right now it doesn't bother me so much, but it will later cause these idiots are having kids that the government is paying for.
I plan to be considerably weathy and have many kids, so i guess i dont fit the cliche

OS

Banned
HSC
Treasurer Peter Costello has apparently advised women to have ''one baby for herself, one for her husband and one for the Government''. Let's face it, even if it is not implicitly said, women are being made to feel guilty for concentrating on careers and personal fulfillment over pumping out kids so that we have enough young people to support an aging population. I mean, this problem needs to be addressed but at the same time women need not have their advances in equality slapped in the face, for example by being made to put on halt careers they work hard for......

K

katie_tully

birth rates are up, whoo hoo!!! much thanks to all you child bearing women folk.

yes @ OS ... i could also mention something about our right to abortion to your well said argument, but i don't want to start another argument ....................

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I've seen articles in alot of bloggs/newspapers from around the world talking about what Costello did to get the birth rate up :)

Oh come on OS!
If women don't serve their primary function of giving birth.... THE WORLD ENDS!!!
Of course there should probably be more support for them, but really, how much support do they need?

K

katie_tully

Not-That-Bright said:
I've seen articles in alot of bloggs/newspapers from around the world talking about what Costello did to get the birth rate up :)
Did he sleep around at uni like his health minister counterpart?

K

katie_tully

hahahahaha. <3 liberal party. they have the best parties.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
well it's a good thing. otherwise we'd have to start getting more immigrants in or convincing women to have kids younger and in greater quantities, which is causing problems in europe.

Abbeygale

HSC
cherryblossom said:
well it's a good thing. otherwise we'd have to start getting more immigrants in or convincing women to have kids younger and in greater quantities, which is causing problems in europe.
And paying the white people to breed is a much better solution than increasing skilled immigration quotas.

Abbeygale

HSC
Perhaps we could up the birthrate by adding 'fertile female' to the list of skills that qualify you for immigration into the country?

OS

Banned
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Oh come on OS!
If women don't serve their primary function of giving birth.... THE WORLD ENDS!!!
Of course there should probably be more support for them, but really, how much support do they need?
We don't have to serve any function unless we really wanna! And if we choose to/are expected to work then we deserve support! I couldn't see men going through what women do - and the labour doesn't end once the kid's out. Support tubal ligation!!!!!!!!!! If we don't want kids, then we ain't gonna have 'em............ and in this day and age contraception can do the trick, so there.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
OS said:
We don't have to serve any function unless we really wanna! And if we choose to/are expected to work then we deserve support! I couldn't see men going through what women do - and the labour doesn't end once the kid's out. Support tubal ligation!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone notice the sexism in that statement? OS, have you considered that having children is a choice? You shouldn't be demanding more when you choose to have them.

Also men could endure labour. We don't feel pain as much as women, it is a side benefit of being male.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
lol, nice Xayma, you deserve a grren square, but im far to lazy to actually give it to you...

If you really wantd to keep the population down, allow each couple to have 2 children - this (obviously) keeps the population stable, and there wouldnt be a comparitevely karge amount of retired ppl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)