BIT Application Questionaire (1 Viewer)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I'm aiming to get into the BIT course next year (although I doubt ill get the 90+ UAI required :( )
Have any current students got tips on answering the questions on the questionaire - its probally important, like the interview, to get me over the line if i get a border line UAI.

Thanks heaps!!

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
Hi Jimmy,

I'm a 1st year BIT. You can check out some past comments in this thread:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=75118
or by searching the forums.

This year the lowest UAI was around 86 so don't stress TOO much.

Keep in mind that the selection process focuses on outgoing individuals who can demonstrate genuine potential for a career in both business and IT. You should be showing off your ability to work in teams and communicate effectively, and you're given the chance to comment on extra-curricular activities such as sport, debating and SRC etc.

The main thing to keep in mind when completing the application is that they let your UAI take care of the academic part of the selection process so use the space on the form to really sell yourself as a people-person, with interests in IT, rather than a nerd =)

Finally, just answer it all truthfully because during the interview they refer to it for the questions that they ask you.

xlr9

HSC
N/A
JimmyK said:
I'm aiming to get into the BIT course next year (although I doubt ill get the 90+ UAI required :( )
Have any current students got tips on answering the questions on the questionaire - its probally important, like the interview, to get me over the line if i get a border line UAI.

Thanks heaps!!
Make sure you apply for EAS/inpUTS if you are eligible. [are you in a regional area?]. You can get easier entry into the course, more scholarship $$ and an exemption from semester 1 union fees (if they still exist in 2006). I would suggest that you figure out some way of subtly mentioning the fact that you are not from Sydney on the form is possible. They like to have diverse group of successful applicants (city/country, male/female etc)

Make sure you participate in EVERY "extra-curricular" activity between now and when the application is due - and mention them all on the written application, no matter how small! It’s important to put some time into the written part of the selection process because they probably won’t ask you anything new in the interview – they will just ask follow up questions on what you have written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)