BIT requiring Maths ext, and physics? (1 Viewer)

endingstory

HSC
Ok, this is my current situation.

I did maths ext 1, throughout year 11 and year 12 up until the trials. I just managed to pass, and I did not excel it in. Hence I dropped the subject, as it would be not even counted towards my UAI. I dropped it before Permutations and combinations.

However I am now considering the B BIT course, and teh assumed knowledge is Maths Ext 1, should I revise the Maths ext course (if so, into what depth?) ,or will I need a bridging course?

Also I noticed that one of the electives, called 'circuits' or something :S requires HSC physics, should I need to study this as well?

doink

Clone
HSC
If you have done the entire course you will be familiar with the content and you will be expected to know it. If you feel you don't know the content then you should revise it. Circuits also requires some knowledge gained in the HSC Physics course.

Bridging courses should be avoided they just waste your money and you learn next to nothing according to all those who attend. You are better off doing some reading on your own over the break or just winging it and studying extra during the course.

There are first year maths courses in the BIT and you are not allowed to take the easier course. 2u people can get by but most struggle. You have done the course in its entirety so you should be familiar with the content although it becomes alot harder.

piitb

HSC
if you had to drop 3u maths, then dont bother with BIT or engineering related course. 3u is comparatively a walk in the park compare to uni level maths. i doubt u are cut out for the rigors the maths requires in these courses.

lots of students drop out of engineering saying how hard it is, when in fact its no harder than any other course. the people who drop out are the people without much mathematical aptitude, yet chose engineering for some reason.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)