Bitchin' in the Kitchen - Parliamentary IR debate (1 Viewer)

05er

HSC
Not so much an article, but moreso to do with the conduct of Federal MPs given recent debate of the 1200 page Work Choices legislation. Why the sudden spike in bad blood in the chamber and the 19 evictions in 2 days? Is the caucus just looking for prole points?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Most of those evicted are labour party members. It's because the labour party was created by workers for rights etc. The Labour party is trying to get more attention because the IR laws are so unfair an all the workers rights that the labour party has established will be abolished/cahnged under the IR laws.

Also the government Ads on tv have contradicted everything that has been written in the legislation. Esentially the ad's are political lies. You can be imprssioned for 6 months under the IR laws for disclosing your individual contract and rate. Awards are subject to change under the IR changes but the tv' ads said they weren't, etc.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I liked the bit where the Speaker was softly saying "The Prime Minister will resume his seat" and Howard just turns his back to him - awkward silence - "...The Prime Minister has the floor"
The hide of Costello was also better than usual. He really does prance.

boris

Banned
HSC
You'd prance too if your head was as whiney as your shoes!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Is it just me or does Hawky seem terribly terribly partisan towards the Liberals. A couple of times the PM was not in order and the ALP had every right to call a point of order.

boris

Banned
HSC
It reminds me somewhat of school groups. Group A and Group B. If you're a lower member of the group, you don't want to piss off the higher members of either group so you just pander to them and give them your lunch money.

I bet the Liberals beat Labor up for lunch money.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Whenever Gillard is being interviewed, I keep thinking 'God, how can you be PM with a hidious voice like that', but then it all makes sense in the house.
No force known to man could turn off the microphone to that shrill, hooting, kath'n'kim wmd.

Riewe

HSC
That's why Parliament is one of my favourite shows on TV (and the best reality show as well) All that bitching and carrying on (from both sides but particularly from Labor) just has that edge which makes for enjoyable viewing.

Seeing that the Speaker of the House is part of the Liberals, its not surprising he rules in their favour more often than not, and i guess this is just another perk of being in power.

And another thing, just looking at the front bench of both parties, you can see why the Coalition is in power and why Labor are wannabees. The Coalition ministers just look more professional and look more knowledgable than their counterparts across the chamber.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Riewe said:
And another thing, just looking at the front bench of both parties, you can see why the Coalition is in power and why Labor are wannabees. The Coalition ministers just look more professional and look more knowledgable than their counterparts across the chamber.
Um...thats because they are in charge of the departments and actually have access to department information. Of course they know more than the opposition. All the opposition can do is ask questions (in between the Liberal self questions)...the Liberals get up and don't answer the question and Hawker rules in them in order. Such is life ay.

05er

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
I missed question time again! Does it have, like, a live web feed or something? Question time rocks.
OMG. <3 question time.
Does anyone know what the Labor lapel-pins were about?

Iron said:
Whenever Gillard is being interviewed, I keep thinking 'God, how can you be PM with a hidious voice like that', but then it all makes sense in the house.
No force known to man could turn off the microphone to that shrill, hooting, kath'n'kim wmd.
Gillard reminds me of a banshee - pale white skin, long nails, hair the colour of blood...oh, and then there's the voice. However, all the recent PMs have had oral problems. Howard, Keating, Hawke.

They just don't make them like Whitlam anymore :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)