bkshop (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi guys!

do ne of u's know ne bkshop where we can buy cheap and gud bks for uni cos i don't want to buy new bks every semester.

Capitalist

HSC
hi guys!

do ne of u's know ne bkshop where we can buy cheap and gud bks for uni cos i don't want to buy new bks every semester.
What I do is buy the books brand new, keep them in good condition, then resell them at 50%. Hence the book only really costs about half of its retail value, and you get to use a brand new, unmarked book.

^___^
HSC
Capitalist said:
What I do is buy the books brand new, keep them in good condition, then resell them at 50%. Hence the book only really costs about half of its retail value, and you get to use a brand new, unmarked book.
i like your style
i see you have a great future in finance

Affinity

HSC
check up the billboards.. usually ppl buy it off last year's students

ohne

HSC
I never buy textbooks. They always have copies of textbooks on open reserve in the Library (where you can borrowit for 2 hours to make notes, read, photocopy etc.) and there are usually a few copies of each textbook where you can borrow it for a few weeks. I'm normally able to borrow the textbook for most of the session although if it is not available there is always a copy in open reserve and I just read it in the library.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Capitalist said:
LOL I never thought of it that way, although I never sell books which I buy.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
You're forgetting the time value of money.

I rented my 1st yr acct books.

Capitalist

HSC
Rented a textbook?

Yes I am forgeting about the time value of money, but it's negligible over the course of a session anyway :p

Affinity

HSC
ohne said:
I never buy textbooks. They always have copies of textbooks on open reserve in the Library (where you can borrowit for 2 hours to make notes, read, photocopy etc.) and there are usually a few copies of each textbook where you can borrow it for a few weeks. I'm normally able to borrow the textbook for most of the session although if it is not available there is always a copy in open reserve and I just read it in the library.
There will be a problem if everyone adopts this strategy. should have kept this a secret!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)