Black bras under white (sheer) tops - opinions? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
This sort of came up in the non-stretch jeans thread, wanted to get more opinions on it without overly hijacking the original post. :)

Posts so far:

glitterfairy said:
Was talking to some americans about how they hated white bras being seen through white clothing, so they decided to go for black instead "because it's closer to skin colour than glaring white". Like, what the hell?!?!?!
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
^ hahaha at the black bra thing. if they want something "closer to skin colour" ummm how about beige/nude bras?? lol.
Karoooh said:
I don't know... I find black doesn't show up as much as white does, under white clothing.
glitterfairy said:
To me, it's the principle of the thing :/ (ok, I should move this to a new thread)

Wearing a black bra under see-through white clothing is like saying "you'd be able to see my bra even if it was white, so let's go from one extreme to another and make it black". It seems SO stupid to me. So much that my head hurts when I try to figure out the logic.

It seems like the notion of wearing beige/nude bras escapes them... as does pink, yellow, cream... any of those colours wouldn't show up so bad either.
Like, I understand if a black bra under a white top (sheer, or with cutouts or something?) looks good, or maybe the black bra is the last one in your closet at the moment because you're waiting on the next load of laundry to come through, or maybe it's a choice between black and neon green...

but if you don't like the white-under-sheer-white look so much, why not just buy a nude coloured bra?

Last edited:

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
id wear the black under white just cause it looks good. like it compliments the top. i mean, like you know! it suits. but i DONT do the whole this-top-is-COMPLETELY-seethrough-so-im-going-to-wear-a-coloured-bra thing. not that cool dudes.

karoooh

HSC
^

QFT

And, yea, I only usually wear a black bra under white top due to laundry.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
rofl
yeah i'm with you all
it's more acceptable ('fashionable') to wear black under tops and have it show through the top that it is to wear white, but if you're worried about it showing, don't wear black or white. only wear black or white if you want it to show.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i don't like the look of bras showing through tops full stop really, unless it's actually meant to be that way and not just a weirdo fashion statement. sometimes i see people who look like they're purposely doing it, like to prove they're wearing a bra or something, and its like what the hell? if you have breasts you're most likely wearing a bra, why declare it to the world? lol.
i havent got a problem with straps showing because sometimes you really cant avoid that. but yeah, black under white = noooo.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Maybe it's just me, but I find nude bras incredibly ugly. I just hate that beige colour. Ewww.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
but yeah, black under white = noooo.
lol I think it actually looks hot on some people

like e.g black bra under a white singlet top + skinny jeans or short shorts :/

EDIT:
PrettyVacant said:
Maybe it's just me, but I find nude bras incredibly ugly. I just hate that beige colour. Ewww.
haha I find them ugly too

sladehk

le random
HSC
white bra + non-white shirt for teh sex

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
woah! LottoX is a guy?
BAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA yeah not that it says so in his details :rolleyes:

I think we should have a pole. I'd vote black bra under white (sheer) tops as IT'S COMPLETELY UP TO YOU GIRLS. IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT AND THINK IT MAKES YOU WANT MMM SEXUAL HEALING THEN MORE POWER TO YOU. ALTERNATIVELY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN FEEL FREE TO GO BRALESS, WEAR COLOURED OR WHITE BRAS INSTEAD.

How did skinny jeans get to a topic like this :confused:

Skeeta

HSC
i bought a sheer (VERY sheer) multicoloured top today. Its crazy. CRAZZZZY!
Its like yellow and red and green and black

but i intend on wearing a black bra underneath it.

I dont know if its gay or not. But black looks better underneath it than beige/white

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
For colored tops like that then definitely black would look awesome.

I personally find black bras under white sheer tops to look utterly trashy. It (bizarrely) reminds me of Jennifer Lopez in that horrendous movie Maid In Manhattan saying "that whole see-through blouse, colored-bra thing reads a little desperate, older gal, trying too hard. "

I hate to agree with her but it just looks crap.

sladehk

le random
HSC
black bra is for when you're topless

ccc123

HSC
I wear black bras under white tops...but not under sheer white top. In fact, i don't think i own any sheer tops. Meh, i don't think it really matters, whatever floats ya boat...

pink668

HSC
i think depends on the look, and perhaps, how you carry it off....

i remember a few weeks ago seeing a middle- aged mother (presumably) wearing a pretty sheer singlet with her black bra standing out... not such a subtle look... (and not too good either...)lols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)