Blackhead reducing/removing products, or how do you rid of blackheads? (1 Viewer)

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i had a clearasil nude/tinted pimple cream. but it didnt really work for me.
something like this:

astroe

HSC
I used that Clean & Clear Blackhead removing facial scrub.
I mean I think I bought it by accident, I don't recall having blackheads. :p But then again I was using the product, so who knows.

Did anyone notice the ad in this thread? :p

NewiJapper

HSC
I came over my skin regime purely by coincidence and it works perfectly! LOL

1. In the shower I wash my face with normal soap then I wash it with a mixture of any face exfoliant with a dash of cetaphil. (Cetaphil is a neutral based sensitive skin wash and in combination with the daily exfoliant it works wonders :p)

2. I cleanse my face with the neutrogena (Orange coloured) face wipes

3. Put Benzac 5% on my face afterwards.

4. Apply moisturizer if my face feels dry.

And I'm a boy :) haha. Most guys I know don't pay attention to their personal hygiene and I find it disgusting :p

P.S. This isn't meant to sound racist but with asians I've noticed that they got lots of blackheads on their nose and in their T-Zone, plus it looks really oily their sometimes too. Is this genetic, or is it just common in asians...or am I just barkin up the wrong tree? haha

EDIT: Blackheads are literally dirty and dead skin cells forming somewhat a biological plug in your pore. A soft exfoliant that ensures your skin is free of dead skin cells and dirt should help you on your way with a good after-care system. Try some brand names that aren't so commercial, you are more likely to find a better blackhead care system in a pharmacy then in Wollies or Coles. If your really worried about them, go to a dermatoligist.

Last edited:

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
I came over my skin regime purely by coincidence and it works perfectly! LOL

1. In the shower I wash my face with normal soap then I wash it with a mixture of any face exfoliant with a dash of cetaphil. (Cetaphil is a neutral based sensitive skin wash and in combination with the daily exfoliant it works wonders :p)

2. I cleanse my face with the neutrogena (Orange coloured) face wipes

3. Put Benzac 5% on my face afterwards.

4. Apply moisturizer if my face feels dry.

And I'm a boy :) haha. Most guys I know don't pay attention to their personal hygiene and I find it disgusting :p

P.S. This isn't meant to sound racist but with asians I've noticed that they got lots of blackheads on their nose and in their T-Zone, plus it looks really oily their sometimes too. Is this genetic, or is it just common in asians...or am I just barkin up the wrong tree? haha
1. Cetaphil - what is it exactly. can you buy this?

2. Benzac - what is that also.

and 3rd. not all asians have alot of blackheads.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
1. Cetaphil - what is it exactly. can you buy this?

2. Benzac - what is that also.

and 3rd. not all asians have alot of blackheads.
Cetaphil is a face wash that's a soap-free alternative and is recommended by many dermatologist ~ $15 for 500mL

Benzac is the active ingredient in most pimple creams

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Why not? Why are many fit people do not have pimples? People exercise to be healthy. Sweating cleans the pours in your skin...its common sense.

The methods suggested here are useless and lame. It is reactive rather than proactive. Prevention is better than cure.
sweat pores are different entirely to hair follicles, where blackheads are

you have nfi what you're talking about lol

fit and healthy people have nice skin probably because they eat well, but ive seen plenty of fit people with bad skin, theres no correlation

LHJ

HSC
Wow I didn't expect I would get so many responses to this thread, the discussions are all very helpful too.

I have used Biore Strips last year and they stung, it gives refreshing after-effect though, I don't mind the pain (I'm very good with pain) but I feel as though using ointment products would be better? Like someone had mentioned, it enlarges your pores? yikes. Currently using St. Ives Scrub Blemish Fighting and picking the next product to use.
Did anyone notice the ad in this thread? :p
Yes I did notice the anti black head advertisement, in fact one appeared right when I clicked on the 3rd page lol

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6999/dsc01953eu.jpg
That's the one I consider buying. Does it work?

if you were to get rid of pimples then toothpaste is your best friend :)

edit: im serious :)
I'm working on blackheads :p That's interesting though, how does toothpaste help reduce pimples?
have a long hot shower and squeeze them all out afterwards when the skin is soft.
I keep getting a sense that my nose will I guess grow bigger if I squeeze them too much :rofl: That still doesn't reduce black heads though unfortunately.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm working on blackheads :p That's interesting though, how does toothpaste help reduce pimples?
NB: Don't centre the posts - makes it annoying to read. :p

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think toothpaste reduces pimples by drying the skin out. No oil on the skin means that there's less pimples.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
NB: Don't centre the posts - makes it annoying to read. :p

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think toothpaste reduces pimples by drying the skin out. No oil on the skin means that there's less pimples.
and i think aerath is correct. i havent really had any since i used it

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
sweat pores are different entirely to hair follicles, where blackheads are

you have nfi what you're talking about lol

fit and healthy people have nice skin probably because they eat well, but ive seen plenty of fit people with bad skin, theres no correlation
I think you are wrong buddy.

NewiJapper

HSC
d3vilz said:
Benzac is the active ingredient in most pimple creams</SPAN>
Actually the main ingredient is benzoate peroxide i think. Benzac is just the name of the product.

emiliieee said:
can you buy benzac alone?</SPAN>
The product you can yes :) But many other products have the benzoate peroxide in it too. You need to be careful though because some people are allergic to the stuff. Just go into your local pharmacy and they are sure to have some version of it :)

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
mario badescu silver powder
you can buy it at kit cosmetics
Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide

read: waste of money

HSC
I've tried the Clean and Clear daily scrub for blackheads and I don't really know if it reduced the amount of blackheads on my face but it definitely makes your face feel smooth afterwards.

Neutrogena blackhead scrub is useless. Just dried out my face and made my eczema flare up.

Biore scrub - my whole face broke out.

St Ives apricot scrub - has SLS in it which also makes my eczema flare up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)