Blade Runner deckard a replicant (1 Viewer)

YEAROFTHESHARK

HSC
just wanna know what people's thoghts are on if deckard is a replicant?? i am

thinking he is but then in a way him being a replicant defeats the cental

theme of the movie as we are given no main human character to compare the

replicans with??:confused:

HSC
its left up to your own interpretation, but i have seen an interview with scott where he confirms that Deckard was a replicant

AnandDNA

HSC
Yep scott wants deckard to be a replicant. But i think harrison ford didnt want him to be one. The whole unicorn sequence was inserted into the Director's Cut as Gaff's parting-gift of an origami unicorn so to indicate that Deckard is a replicant, and Gaff knows this because he knows Deckard's thoughts and implanted the dream earlier involving a unicorn

HSC
and also the fact that when rachel asks deckard if he's ever taken the voight-kampf test, he doesnt respond.

bored of sc

HSC
It can be argued that it is IRRELEVANT whether or not Deckard is a replicant. This ambiguity actually supports some of the major thematic concerns in the film e.g. 'What it means to be human'.

Personally, Deckard is a human. This works better for the binary oppositions to Roy Batty i.e. human v replicant, hunter v hunted and the subsequent role reversals.

HSC
yes but in the final scene of the movie seems that batty is more human than deckard

reboulle

HSC
Deckard is a replicant. It takes that next step in showing how corrupt the depicted futuristic world really is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)