• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blade Runner is weird! Agreed?? (1 Viewer)

kirabolton

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's for nerds and was a flop in the theatres...
it was only a flop in the theatres because they forced ridley scott to cut so much stuff he wanted in it, change the ending and they added voice overs because they realised stupid people, actually most people wouldn't understand it. That is why it was a flop. When scott released the directors cut in...was in 92? it became a lot more popular. so there you are. and btw i haven't even fully watched it my english teacher loves it and babbled on and on about this today.

classics_chic

HSC
The first time you watch it it's a bit weird, but as you watch it repeatedly (I know you're groaning, hear me out) you start to get it. I hated it the first time I watched it, thought it was awful- but the more you study it, the more you get it and the better it becomes. I think it deserves its place as a cult classic, and, as I said, I hated it when I saw it the first time.

(Btw, I tutor. I come to you, my prices are pretty low, and I can give you more than this little tidbit. PM or email me if you're interested!)

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
classics_chic said:
The first time you watch it it's a bit weird, but as you watch it repeatedly (I know you're groaning, hear me out) you start to get it. I hated it the first time I watched it, thought it was awful- but the more you study it, the more you get it and the better it becomes. I think it deserves its place as a cult classic, and, as I said, I hated it when I saw it the first time.

(Btw, I tutor. I come to you, my prices are pretty low, and I can give you more than this little tidbit. PM or email me if you're interested!)
Do you mind if I ask what you got in Advanced English?

*SHeLL!*

HSC
My whole class @ school HATED both BR and BNW but after 2 or 3 readings/viewings there are lik 2 people that rekon they would pay to see it...lol! anyway our teacher said that she hates it aswell, but its not a matter of likin it its only a matter of understandin it within the syllabus! so yeh!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
*SHeLL!* said:
My whole class @ school HATED both BR and BNW but after 2 or 3 readings/viewings there are lik 2 people that rekon they would pay to see it...lol! anyway our teacher said that she hates it aswell, but its not a matter of likin it its only a matter of understandin it within the syllabus! so yeh!
I like BNW...and I liked it even on the first reading.
But BR...I think it might take me a few more viewings yet before I come to like it.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
xrtzx said:
hmmm, i like BR better than BNW, BR is very interesting.
I found BNW to be a more accurate portrayal of where the human race is headed - cloning, the "perfect" society etc.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
xrtzx said:
i guess so, i guess i dont like books im a visual person
I can relate to that I guess.
Not to stereotype or anything, but I think a lot of guys prefer visual material to written texts....

naomcara

HSC
I thoroughly enjoyed both Blade Runner and Brave New World. I think they're more intriguing and revoloutionary than weird.

bEAbEA

HSC
You have just got to perservere, I hated it at first, but as we begun studying it, and watching it in more detail, I began to like it more. There is so much in it to talk about, it's not the best movie, but it's okay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)