Blade Runner or B.R ? (1 Viewer)

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
When writing essays, are you allowed to shorten the names. E.g instead of wriitng blade runner could you just write B.R ? Are you allowed to write this in the HSC exams and if you do would u get marks deducted ?

MiddleOfTheOreo

HSC
To be safe you can write "Ridley Scott's Blade Runner (B.R.) shows blah blah blah...

sugartits

HSC
Yes, and when referring to both texts you can also write 'Frankrunner' or 'Blankenstein', however 'FraBlaRaRa" is not acceptable

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
I usually do blade runner, but just simply writing the name takes time :L every second is precious when u have to write three essays in two hrs.

sugartits

HSC
Seriously ? Lol I've never heard of that. Are you sure ?
Yea, those are my affectionate names, basically if you can tell what the two texts are in the word (And I assume you introduced them in the intro so the marker knows what you're talking about) then yes its fine

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
Yea, those are my affectionate names, basically if you can tell what the two texts are in the word (And I assume you introduced them in the intro so the marker knows what you're talking about) then yes its fine
Okay. Thank you for your help !

sugartits

HSC
Okay. Thank you for your help !
No problem, its really handy in an exam situation cause every minute counts "The notion of what it means to be human in both Shelley's Frankenstein and Scott's Blade Runner"

as opposed to "The combined notion in Blankenstein of what it means to be human....."

so much quicker

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
No problem, its really handy in an exam situation cause every minute counts "The notion of what it means to be human in both Shelley's Frankenstein and Scott's Blade Runner"

as opposed to "The combined notion in Blankenstein of what it means to be human....."

so much quicker
Yep I agree. But lol ... Blankenstien.. I've heard of Frankie and bladder but not blankenstien and frank runner :L

pHyRe

HSC
write the whole thing, jeez. how many times do you write blade runner in an exam? twice? it'll save you like 5seconds, you'd be better off opening the exam quicker than normal.

sugartits

HSC
write the whole thing, jeez. how many times do you write blade runner in an exam? twice? it'll save you like 5seconds, you'd be better off opening the exam quicker than normal.
writing it twice? like intro and conclusion? It's a comparative study of TWO texts, not a critical study with a sentence comparing it to something else, so if you're doing it right you should be writing it at LEAST every paragraph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)