• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blade Trinity (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
v sia said:
" when Ryan Reynolds was being tortured " - " Hey vampires i just ate garlic and i farted , silent but deadly " fucken hilarious

"i want a fight scene to be interesting and original" Matrix is a very good example

What i really hated about number was the ending , the build up to the fight between Blade and the " perfect " vampire , you gotta admit that it sucked pretty bad .......... a vampire from iraq who dresses up like a samarai including the weapon AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW .... HE SPEAKS FLUENT ENGLISH
Yeah, the 'Drake' fight was a total let down. Loved the fight between Blade and Nomak in Blade 2 though, that was well done IMO.

Collin

HSC
N/A
BTW anyone know the budgets for all three films? Seemed like Blade 2 had a much higher budget.. with alot more elaborate sets, plus I can't recall one single CGI Blade scene, where there were heaps of cool ones in Blade 2.

Bobcat

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Worst movie of the Year. :uhhuh:
Theres been like 5 movies released this year, thats not really a powerful statement.

unless u ment in that way...in that case, lol.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If u knew anything JKD then u would know that Snipes had 2 be sidelined as he has already stated he might not physically be up to it and could not perform in a sequel. Also you would know that the new characters introduced have generated so much new interest that goyer and marvel are thinking of making a movie completely about them.

payafee

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Yeah, the 'Drake' fight was a total let down. Loved the fight between Blade and Nomak in Blade 2 though, that was well done IMO.
yeah, the Nomak fight scene was a classic. it shitted all over the one in Blade 3.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
If u knew anything JKD then u would know that Snipes had 2 be sidelined as he has already stated he might not physically be up to it and could not perform in a sequel. Also you would know that the new characters introduced have generated so much new interest that goyer and marvel are thinking of making a movie completely about them.
Disagree with the Blade 2 comment but of course the Blade 3 one is true! Fuck dude, how common sensical could that be? Goyer supposedly created Biel and Reynold's character for the long-term purpose of making an apparent 'spin-off', which is exactly part of the reason why I'm so pissed off at him! He's shifting the BLADE movies away from Blade, and towards the two Nightstalkers.. and that's exactly why fans of the franchise are feeling rooted. How painfully obvious did you wanna get? If Abby and Hannibal died in Blade 3, then I wouldn't have much of a complaint.

BTW just to clear up the first sentence, Blade 2 didn't essentially sideline Blade. All of Damaskino's warriors died, there was no future for them. The plot essentially saw them all as intended expendable fodder. But the new characters in Blade 3 were obviously created for longevity, and again, the sake of abating Blade's relevance.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Bobcat said:
Theres been like 5 movies released this year, thats not really a powerful statement.

unless u ment in that way...in that case, lol.
blade 3 was released in 2004

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
since u obviously misunderstood I will say it again Snipes could not perform in a sequel i.e a sequel to Blade 3 which both Snipes and Goyer stated was originally in the works but Snipes neither wished to or was capable of continuing

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
since u obviously misunderstood I will say it again Snipes could not perform in a sequel i.e a sequel to Blade 3 which both Snipes and Goyer stated was originally in the works but Snipes neither wished to or was capable of continuing
Do you have a link to prove Snipes couldn't continue because he wasn't 'physically up to it'? Snipes was extremely pissed off at Goyer because his character was sidelined in Blade 3 in favour of Abigail and Hannibal, so much that he allegedly wrote a 5 page complaint to New Line executives. If he didn't wish to star in Blade 3, he wouldn't of done it. If he doesn't wish to star in a Blade 3 sequel, he wouldn't of gave a fuck about Goyer's shoddy script, but he did and his relationship with the director was very icey due to it.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Its on the official Marvel website archive somewhere. A while back when Trinity was pretty much yet to be scripted Marvel tried to sign Snipes and Goyer for another Blade movie but Snipes didn't think he'd be up to it. From there Marvel needed to increase popularity for the supporting characters so that a spinoff might be successful which is why Snipes got reduced screentime. Snipes shitty relationship with Goyer developed later.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
Its on the official Marvel website archive somewhere. A while back when Trinity was pretty much yet to be scripted Marvel tried to sign Snipes and Goyer for another Blade movie but Snipes didn't think he'd be up to it. From there Marvel needed to increase popularity for the supporting characters so that a spinoff might be successful which is why Snipes got reduced screentime. Snipes shitty relationship with Goyer developed later.
I'd really like you to find me a link to prove this. If what you say is true then Snipe's wouldn't of cared about Goyer's long-term plan for the franchise, but he obviously does. Snipes's reaction asserts that Goyer is obviously dragging the franchise in the wrong direction and that it should clearly be focused on BLADE, implying that Snipes would want to keep doing it [future sequels etc.] (or otherwise he wouldn't of had a beef with Goyer and his relationship with him would of been fine on the set).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Oh I'm not saying Snipes cared about the franchise he just didn't like the fact that it wasn't all about him(snipes not blade) while Snipes may not have felt up to another movie it doesn't mean he wasn't disgruntled about the fact that the "Nightstalkers" recieved more publicity than him. Also if you want official statements go to the older archives of the official marvel comics site which owns the rights to Blade or the archives of a site called newsarama which revolves around pop-culture oriented nnews

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
Oh I'm not saying Snipes cared about the franchise he just didn't like the fact that it wasn't all about him(snipes not blade) while Snipes may not have felt up to another movie it doesn't mean he wasn't disgruntled about the fact that the "Nightstalkers" recieved more publicity than him. Also if you want official statements go to the older archives of the official marvel comics site which owns the rights to Blade or the archives of a site called newsarama which revolves around pop-culture oriented nnews
Well I'd prefer it if you found a few links for me because besides the fact that I'm a bit lazy right now, I don't feel I should be the one digging up evidence for your argument. As for Snipe's beef against the Stalkers receiving more publicity than him, he felt this way against them before the movie got released, infact pretty much the whole way through the production I would assume. Snipes didn't make a big deal out of the horde of new characters starring beside him in Blade 2. He's making a huge deal out of the ones in 3 though. Why? Because he believes Goyer is shifting the franchise away from him.. permanently.. and that's a big deal.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
its not like I specifically remember exact links so that I can use them in arguments nearly half a year later. I've given you the tools to find your proof but I'm not gonna spend ages scrolling through sites to prove a point.

Fry

well, that explains why he has refused to do any media/interviews to promote the movie. stupid Goyer! :mad:

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
its not like I specifically remember exact links so that I can use them in arguments nearly half a year later. I've given you the tools to find your proof but I'm not gonna spend ages scrolling through sites to prove a point.
Well you seem reasonably passionate about this since you've managed to respond so many times so I don't know why you wouldn't bother finding links to support your words.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Fry said:
well, that explains why he has refused to do any media/interviews to promote the movie. stupid Goyer! :mad:
Yeah, him and Goyer reaaaaaaaaally didn't get along. Infact, from one source it was alleged that Goyer went off at him for being late, and Snipes nearly assaulted him.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm not going to bother finding the exact link as these sites archives contain maybe a thousand stories since the statement and it'd be 06 till I could come back with it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
kami said:
I'm not going to bother finding the exact link as these sites archives contain maybe a thousand stories since the statement and it'd be 06 till I could come back with it.
Cool, I'll see you in 06. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*didnt mind Blade 3*
*waits for flame*

Then again, i wasnt really looking for the action Blade thing .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)