• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bladerunner (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Yes, I believe he is...

AGB, the reason why people think Deckard could be a replicant is when Gaff folds that little paper unicorn at the end and Deckard sees it.... Deckard has dreamed earlier about unicorns so it implies that Gaff knew what Deckard had dreamed, and hence the dream was an implanted memory, and as such Deckard was a replicant.

I think Blade Runner is a really interesting movie when you really start to think about it... it can have so many different meanings, and poses some really pertinent questions about humanity and the value of life....

well that's the thing, there is also evidence pointing to him NOT being a replicant... I think it's left slightly open (than the alternate ending, if you've read about that).

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah I know, there is no clear cut way of interpreting the ending... it's one of the great ambiguities of the film, and it's one of the most interesting things about it...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Yeah I know, there is no clear cut way of interpreting the ending... it's one of the great ambiguities of the film, and it's one of the most interesting things about it...
Agreed.

This is especially so when compared to the original 1982 version, which had an ending not only depicting Deckard and Rachel escaping Los Angeles, but the revelation that Rachel was one of a kind, she had no termination date, so that they may live happily ever after. Scott was adamantly against this ending, and this was a major factor towards releasing the 'Directors Cut'. Its also an interesting point to bring up when discussing changing context, how the Directors Cut, released a mere decade following the original, reflects changing perspectives, and presents an altogether more ambigious ending.

santaslayer

HSC
i did it last year.....i would recommened that u purchase sum guides to the movie too...pretty handy

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Krangelus
Ridley Scott said in interviews that Deckard was a replicant.
Pfft.. who cares what the director says ;)

Just kidding - I believe that now the movie is out there, its interpretation is left to the viewer and their own personal attitudes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)