• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blink 182 concerts (1 Viewer)

staticx

i have seen blink befor

i went 2 blink when they toured ENema of the state, they were alright but i have seen much beter bands, murderdolls, RHCP,korn and many more, u should all get tickets to a real fucken concent, MACHEIN HEAD Oct2 at the roundhoues but it is 18+only mine u all of the new blink stuf fucken suck cause it is to comurcial

Last edited:

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
staticx said:
i went 2 blink when they toured ENema of the state, they were alright but i have seen much beter bands, murderdolls, RHCP,korn and many more, u should all get tickets to a real fucken concent, MACHEIN HEAD Oct2 at the roundhoues but it is 18+only mine u all of the new blink stuf fucken suck cause it is to comurcial
i so agree with you.. after enema they went poppy... all teeny boppers going around sayin i love blink well fuck them, did they get cheshire cat and dude ranch? best CD's of blinks..

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
i so agree with you.. after enema they went poppy... all teeny boppers going around sayin i love blink well fuck them, did they get cheshire cat and dude ranch? best CD's of blinks..
The thing is, they buy dude ranch and buddah and claim to have loved them for ages.
I went to the 2001 show as well, good times.
My friend said the show last night was complete shit. She was really pissed off.

Richiee

Neutral Member
HSC
N/A
I went to the canberra show , and it was f**king awesome, espicially travis who decided to a drum solo, and that was crazy.

Gyroscope was heaps good especially with Doctor Doctor. Sparta didn't really perform as well as they can you'll know what i mean if you've heard their albums (one of my fav. bands).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Dammits a great song :)
Their best:cool:.

TurboTom said:
yep but stockholm syndrome is better.
best blink song ever
What album is that song off:confused:? I don't think I have ever heard it:(.

Agnes2810 said:
They have always been Pop Punk in my opinion:).

Dave85

HSC
i saw them @ horden on monday nite... i'd kill to see them again. i saw them bout 4 yrs ago and they were awesome but they were unreal this time. i loved it. much better venue then last time (entertainment centre sucked!). not sure wat the bands b4 them were like coz i walked in bout 5min b4 blink were due on stage. fucking awesome tho! :)
...2 very enthuastic thumbs up!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
no way have they gone poppy! have you not heard the new album? its anything but pop!!! fucking hell just because some young kids like them doesnt mean they arnt good anymore.
why is it that people like music according to who likes what and who doesnt. they may be mainstream now days but who gives a fuck?
they are still sick and always will be. no matter who likes them

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
they have become more pop turbotom, they are still pop punk but these days more pop than punk.

no one is saying (here) that blink aren't good anymore because heaps of young kids like them, people are merely saying they are becoming more pop-py

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I went to the final sydney show on thursday night... they seemed to play a bit too fast which was a bit strange for a supposedly punk band. They were fairly solid though considering after the 2 song encore, having them play another 5 songs. And they finished off with Wendy Clear which is one of my fave Blink songs.

I sort of dropped off blink after enema of the state, but when I was offered a free ticket on thursday morning, I went along for the ride and they didn't dissappoint. It was a huge crowd though which made it so much better and I have to admit they are one of the best bands for in between song banter.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
ye i went to the monday nite, i think it was their first
gyroscope were mad, but i heard they got sick after our show n missed a couple, none the less they were awsome, and free tix, so that made it even better
plus was my first mosh experiance and i loved it!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Raiks said:
I went to the final sydney show on thursday night... they seemed to play a bit too fast which was a bit strange for a supposedly punk band.
I thought they played too fast when I saw them too. So it wasn't just me:).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Merethrond said:
I thought they played too fast when I saw them too. So it wasn't just me:).
Yeah, the flow just wasn't there, it was just too fast for what they were playing like they were rushing through it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Raiks said:
Yeah, the flow just wasn't there, it was just too fast for what they were playing like they were rushing through it.
Yeah, I got the same impression. Especially when they played Dammit. That song was played even faster than the rest:(. Maybe they were in a hurry though, because they said they were being told to get off the stage:confused:.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Merethrond said:
Yeah, I got the same impression. Especially when they played Dammit. That song was played even faster than the rest:(. Maybe they were in a hurry though, because they said they were being told to get off the stage:confused:.
Maybe, although for the 3rd show I went to, they played another 5 songs after the encore which included Dammit, not to mention spending a lot of time with the onstage banter between Tom and Mark... so I don't know really. But Dammit was played so quick, like they were not playing the song but rather just getting through it because it was on the setlist.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Raiks said:
Maybe, although for the 3rd show I went to, they played another 5 songs after the encore which included Dammit, not to mention spending a lot of time with the onstage banter between Tom and Mark... so I don't know really. But Dammit was played so quick, like they were not playing the song but rather just getting through it because it was on the setlist.
Yeah they played a fair few more songs after the encore at Newcastle too (I can't remember exactly how many). They actually played for quite a while all up (not too sure exactly how long though either). Oh well:).

Brad

In canberra, Mark just came back on for about 15 min and just fucked around on the guitar, bass and drums.

He just fucked around with distortion and shit and made jokes, and ran around like a dick. It was pretty funny.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Brad said:
In canberra, Mark just came back on for about 15 min and just fucked around on the guitar, bass and drums.

He just fucked around with distortion and shit and made jokes, and ran around like a dick. It was pretty funny.
He did a similar thing at Newcastle:).

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Raiks said:
well maybe it's one of those songs that they're just so sick of, i can understand why they'd want to either spice it up or just get it over with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)