Blogging (1 Viewer)

Sophiajeanne

HSC
It depends on how involved you want to get and how much control you want... If you really just want to write, get a tumblr. If you want something a little more involved, get a Wordpress account (either self-hosted or on Wordpress.com). This way you can edit the PHP and include things such as widgets, whereas Tumblr doesn't have these. Comments on Tumblr are more controlled, too. Here are some links:

Domains & Hosting (for a self-hosted Wordpress or URL) - namecheap.com
Premium themes (start at like $3, for both Tumblr and Wordpress): creativemarket.com
Wordpress websites: digwp.com , smashingmagazine.com , google .net Magazine (not sure of the URL)
Fonts (for embedding): fontsquirrel.com , google.com/webfonts

Message me if you need a hand with anything, I can help set you up or with your theme if you'd like :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DLMisme

HSC
Blogger or WordPress. Personally I prefer Blogger, but both are good.

D94

HSC
N/A
Isn't wordpress only paid when you want a separate URL?
There are 2 versions. Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org.

Wordpress.com: free, like Blogger, hosted on WP servers, and you can pay for a custom domain name, but everyone has a domain.wordpress.com URL.
Wordpress.org: the software is free to download, but you have to host it somewhere - similarly to how BoS is hosted on some server. The hosting and domain name may cost money.

mesbahuddin

HSC
Do you want to create your blog without spending money? I don't think it is a good idea. It won't help you to get Adsense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)