Blogs/Online Journals and Diaries (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Raiksyboy, I just read your journal, and that is some of the most entertaining writing I've read in a long time. If I had a livejournal, I'd add you. And you're write about it just being random musings, but its great nonetheless.

keladry

lady knight
HSC
i got a blog last year (blogspot/blogger) coz my friend kept on bugging me but havent posted in a long long time. mostly just talk about crap that happens in my life or my little musings on life. theoretically its a good way for your friends to keep up with your life... not that much goes on in my life...

my friend's lj is the best tho - she has the coolest stuff up and its hilarious reading :D

think i might defect to lj

Danoz The Great

HSC
I have an LJ, it's all friends only. I have two public entries and one it quite entertaining - snapperhead and slide rule would know what I'm talking about lol

Please don't add me if we've never really spoken on here. It shits me - a lot.

http://www.livejournal.com/~dani_danoz

Pierotte

HSC
.... why not just use a normal diary / notebook...

Its more personal and real.

The only reason i can think of haveing an LJ is for people to comment on how cool you are judging by ur musings... or for online therapy...

If u do it for the "i-want-people-to-know-how-great-i-am" factor then its not really a journal about you is it?? Ur subconciously making it witty for ur audience.

I dunno maybe im way off base... i had one for 2 days... it was dreadfull... like why should this stuff be publicly available? WHo really gives a shit about the uneventful life of a 16 yr old.

Yeah , so if ive offended you because ur a commited blogger dont get mad... just explain ur fascination with it, in curious is all.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i have a blog but its 100% private though. Im not one to go around advertising my blog in my msn name or whatever. I dont write in notebooks or physical diaries cos i think much faster than i write plus my hand hurts enough after a day of uni writing lecture notes. I know people might ask whats the point in writing if no one can read it? well, i can read and for all i care, im the only one who needs to reflect on who i am and what i think. If I know that people can see my thoughts, my writing would be nowhere near as un-censored and freer. I would have to watch everything i say and the awareness of people i know reading it just...i dont know. I just dont like it (great justification eh? lol)

I never used to be into the whole blog thing but now i like typing entires often and having it there. Yeah, ill shut up now.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Pierotte said:
I dunno maybe im way off base...
Yeah, you are. It's another way to interact with people; get to know them and let them get to know you. It's no more self-indulgent than posting on a forum. More personal, yes, but that's kind of the point.

rific

HSC
They can serve in a non-reflective manner too, I mean, I know a lot of people who have moved (a considerable distance) recently and by writing in an online arena, they allow people who know them a chance to see whats happening when its convenient for them, where phone calls and stuff like that can be hard to organise with free time etc. I'd be a little surprised if anyone had a public internet journal that was completely honest and self-reflective, actually I'd be a little surprised if someone had a private journal that was completely honest and self-reflective, but that's probably because I'm a little cynical about these things...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, i've heard of blogs being used as a way of "catching up with friends". Like, to keep up with the lives of your friends or something. As far as i can see, if you can't meet your freinds often enough , or phone them, or go out, i dont see where the friendship is. Of course, if its an overseas/ insterstate thing, then i understand. Otherwise, i dont get it. friends staying in contact by reading each others blogs? thats a little impersonal and cold.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I have an LJ, it's all friends only. I have two public entries and one it quite entertaining - snapperhead and slide rule would know what I'm talking about lol

Please don't add me if we've never really spoken on here. It shits me - a lot.

http://www.livejournal.com/~dani_danoz
what enrty is that? I missed it!
*runs away to look*
meanwhile, feel free to add me, just comment on the friends only entry and i'll likely add you back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)