Blood Diamond (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
the trailer made me laugh

dicaprio (in south african accent): sometimes I wonder if god will ever forgive us for what we've done... then I realise god left this place a long time ago!
:p

looks awful

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Saw it, was alright.

Djimon was good, Dicaprio was fair, Connelly was god-awful.

Some of the smaller players in the film gave wonderful performances though, eg the son.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
666_blessings said:
Dicaprio manages to make most trailers look awful but his SA accent aside, it looks like a pretty decent movie.
Do you even know what the accent of white person from Zimbabwe sounds like?

lucidassembly

HSC
I personally loved this film. I thought it was completely underrated due to not only The Departed coming out and everyone obsessing over Leonardo Dicaprio’s performance in that, but also because it quickly became cool to mock Leo's actually quite accurate Zimbabwean accent. The acting – especially Djimon Hounsou – was amazing, the script was incredible, and the score was absolutely beautiful. I really, really loved it :)

R3volver

Replicant
HSC
lucidassembly said:
I personally loved this film. I thought it was completely underrated due to not only The Departed coming out and everyone obsessing over Leonardo Dicaprio’s performance in that, but also because it quickly became cool to mock Leo's actually quite accurate Zimbabwean accent. The acting – especially Djimon Hounsou – was amazing, the script was incredible, and the score was absolutely beautiful. I really, really loved it :)
Agreed. I loved this movie. I thought it was a really great performance by Djimon, and it really saved the film, imo. (It needed saving, mostly due to Connelly's performance =P).

u-borat

Banned
HSC
bump, loved the movie.
connelly was a big meh in it though.

bearbuzzy

HSC
i thought it was a great movie, even if some of the actors werent the best.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
i liked it :) it shocked me though, as is its desired effect i suppose.

chamelia

HSC
Dicaprios attempts at the South African accent are endlessly funny. But once you sober up enough to stop laughing it's a pretty nice film underneath. At least one I could watch a few times over without becoming bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)