Blue Heelers put down after 12 years (1 Viewer)

HSC
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=65402
Blue Heelers put down after 12 years
Friday Jan 13 21:12 AEDT
Blue Heelers, one of Australia's longest-running television drama series, has been axed after 12 years.
Produced by Southern Star for the Seven Network, the weekly police drama's executive producer, Gus Howard, broke the news to staff on Friday, thanking them for their commitment and dedication.
The decision to end production came after 12 months of flagging ratings, indicating that despite efforts to rejuvenate the show, "it had run its course", a Seven spokeswoman said.
"Much of the success of Blue Heelers has been attributed to one of the best ensemble casts of any drama on television, with most every cast member becoming a household name," Mr Howard told staff.
Some of those names included star of Broadway stage and Hollywood screen Hugh Jackman, and actor David Wenham.
But the show's best known characters were the innocent Constable Maggie Doyle, played by three-time Gold Logie winner Lisa McCune, and crusty Sergeant Tom Croydon, played by John Wood.

Damn that was a good show! :(

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh please. The show was absolute shit. The script was bad, the supporting actors weren't too great either. And when it comes to tv dramas, Australia sucks. One of the few good dramas that Australia has had was Water Rats on the nine network. Unfortunately most of the actors and scriptwriters were offered jobs in the states and so, the show had to end after 6 years.

Anyway, i definately prefer American drama. 24 for instance is soooo good. Im looking forward to the 5th series which will be aired in the middle of the year on network 7.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I am with you TerrbleSpellor another great showed AXED. Blue Heelers I feel has gotten better over the past few years more bolder storylines pushing the boundaries of the show it will sadly be missed by its fans and I hope the finally is a good one. Good bye Blue Heelers, good bye Mount Thomas. :(

pickle2005

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Blue Heelers was the best show on TV, you guys dont know what youre on about. im still in love with PJ, even though he's old and he left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)