bluesfest (1 Viewer)

Russdog

russell
HSC
best festival ever. who's going?

only 7 weeks away... fuck yes.

lots of cool artists this year. everyone except jason mraz, he's fucking terrible.

ben harper with a new band (i've seen him solo or with the innocent criminals like 15 times all up, easily the greatest live performances ever.. a new band should be pretty cool). easy star all stars. angelique kidjo. can't wait.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
im a bit jealous, and im a bit not.

I went in 2007 and it was brilliant.

but 2008 and 2009 line up just seem...boring to me...

at least have some names which pop out at you.

2007 managed to get the roots, john mayer, joss stone (intitally dave matthews band but changed to joss stone), bela fleck, gomez, fishbone, ozomatli, ziggy marley, lee scratch perry, jack johnsons group (though i unfortunately did not know they were jack johnsons group when i was there and left there set BEFORE THEY BOUGHT HIM ON STAGE :( )..

ben harper would be great too see live though. alabama 3, easy star all stars, big bad voodoo daddy, xavier rudd, booker T jones!!! < would all be great to see live but meh.

bring back the big line ups.

Last edited:

Russdog

russell
HSC
yeah there's not enough hip hop this year. actually, none, i don't think. except for ozomatli. last year they had chali 2na, i met him in the crowd looking for weed.

but there's enough oldschool and newschool blues and some rugga to keep me happy. it's more the atmosphere of bluesfest that makes it good, especially since last year cos they moved it to the camping ground where splendour is held which is way better than where it used to be. still going to be the best week of my year, as usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)