HSC
Which pwns which?

BMW >>>>>>>>> MERC?

or

MERC >>>>>>>>BMW?

7th Sign

HSC
MERC >BMW

mercs are wayyyyyy more classey then BMW's....

the whole 318i is liek the EURO commonwhore seriously the whole bmw brand isnt even that classey any more...

I was goign to get a 318is then every one was paying them out lol saying their not classey...lebos drive them...not many people like them...

but if you got a MERC people look up to it as their is not many around...

seriously a shit load of p platers have BMW's well the cheaper ones ...but how many p platers do you see with MERCS? not many...

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
7th Sign said:
MERC >BMW

mercs are wayyyyyy more classey then BMW's....

the whole 318i is liek the EURO commonwhore seriously the whole bmw brand isnt even that classey any more...

I was goign to get a 318is then every one was paying them out lol saying their not classey...lebos drive them...not many people like them...

but if you got a MERC people look up to it as their is not many around...

seriously a shit load of p platers have BMW's well the cheaper ones ...but how many p platers do you see with MERCS? not many...
so if ur opinion wasnt skewed by others, you'd say BMW, cos u were gonna get a 318is. rite?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
I'd go for a 3 series instead of the C class, but I'd probably choose the E-Class instead of the 5-Series, and definitely the S-Class instead of the 7 series. M3 over C-Class AMG, M5 over E55 AMG, S63 AMG over any 7-Series (Alpina, or what have you). The new generation of Mercs is much hotter than the new generation of BMWs (take the S Class, for example).

Aesthetics aside, BMWs have superb manual Getrags, which Mercedes only have on special order. Then again, Mercedes makes the best automatic transmissions. BMW extracts more power out of their engines, but they're peakier. Mercs are rock solid throughout the rev range. What else... Earlier BMW sport seats leave Mercedes sport seats for dead. BMW has a slightly cheaper aftermarket. I have heard (rumour) that Mercedes has friendlier dealership services.

Neither pawns the other - most professionals whom I know once picking either don't go back to the other. Go with whatever makes you feel good when you go out and see it each morning.

On a sidenote, I am bored, so I answered this thread - but it is in general, a stupid thread.

EATAPIE

HSC
petar13 said:
I'd go for a 3 series instead of the C class, but I'd probably choose the E-Class instead of the 5-Series, and definitely the S-Class instead of the 7 series. M3 over C-Class AMG, M5 over E55 AMG, S63 AMG over any 7-Series (Alpina, or what have you). The new generation of Mercs is much hotter than the new generation of BMWs (take the S Class, for example).

Aesthetics aside, BMWs have superb manual Getrags, which Mercedes only have on special order. Then again, Mercedes makes the best automatic transmissions. BMW extracts more power out of their engines, but they're peakier. Mercs are rock solid throughout the rev range. What else... Earlier BMW sport seats leave Mercedes sport seats for dead. BMW has a slightly cheaper aftermarket. I have heard (rumour) that Mercedes has friendlier dealership services.

Neither pawns the other - most professionals whom I know once picking either don't go back to the other. Go with whatever makes you feel good when you go out and see it each morning.

On a sidenote, I am bored, so I answered this thread - but it is in general, a stupid thread.
hahahaha what a massively detailed post. thanks for the input. and like you, i was bored, so i made this stupid thread. :)

CieL

HSC
Merc >>> BMW

Factors include class, performance, price, aesthetic appeal

EATAPIE

HSC
CieL said:
Merc >>> BMW

Factors include class, performance, price, aesthetic appeal
aesthetic appeal? you serious?

CieL

HSC
But then again, I don't really adore either

7th Sign

HSC
EATAPIE said:
so if ur opinion wasnt skewed by others, you'd say BMW, cos u were gonna get a 318is. rite?

no I was thinking of getting a 318is then I found out that you cant service a bmw your self so I got a honda...

also theirs a lot of negativity towards the BMW low class range, and the prices of bmw's are falling really fast whilst the MERCS seem to hold their value a lot better.

EATAPIE

HSC
7th Sign said:
no I was thinking of getting a 318is then I found out that you cant service a bmw your self so I got a honda...

also theirs a lot of negativity towards the BMW low class range, and the prices of bmw's are falling really fast whilst the MERCS seem to hold their value a lot better.
oh ok. well anyway, you got yourself a nice prelude (i think?) for 7k. good stuff.

7th Sign

HSC
EATAPIE said:
aesthetic appeal? you serious?

yes i think the aesthetic appeal of MERCS is better then BEEMERS also...
also other areas such as interior MERCS kill BMW's eg.
The older bmws like 88-97 have the worst interior, look at a MERCS in the same time range classey interior :D

EATAPIE

HSC
7th Sign said:
yes i think the aesthetic appeal of MERCS is better then BEEMERS also...
also other areas such as interior MERCS kill BMW's eg.
The older bmws like 88-97 have the worst interior, look at a MERCS in the same time range classey interior :D
hmm what about price wise for the same year range? say the 88-97 year range, what are the price diffs?

CieL

HSC
7th Sign said:
The older bmws like 88-97 have the worst interior
omg hear hear!
I was in my friend's parent's old ass 7-series.. and the buttons/control for the radio or some crap was like a box on a pole sticking out near the gearknob.. I was thinking: wtf is that..

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
'93/'94 onwards features high quality plastics in all BMWs (possibly excepting 3-Series). '97 is a bit extreme. Then again, most Mercs are built like bank vaults.

Pace_T

HSC
mercs r pretty damn good
but imo for the comparison between the 3 series and c class i'd go for the 3 series. c class mercs arent as good as u think but r still more classy than bmw. every other car classes for bmw/merc merc is better for sure..

but then again, the exterior of the mercs r deadset ugly if they were realeased around 2000 or before (the older ones), whereas the bmws were very sexy in the 1990s..

also imo i think a merc is an old persons car whereas bmw is generally for the younger ppl (mainly talking about 3 series here and c class)...

overall bmw coz im a bmw fanboi~

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Generally it seems...
C-Class - Sheepskins
3-Series - Racer boy

EDIT: 7th Sign, that Mercedes has been extensively modified. The hood is from a later model, as is the grille and headlights (and clearly the wheels) - I would bet that so is the boot lid. It is the spitting image of a E320, but not a 300E. This facelift also came with an updated interior and engine - renamed E320. E320s are significantly more expensive than the 300Es. It's nice looking, but not a good representation of a 300E. Here's one I prepared earlier.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)