BNW/BR essay trouble (1 Viewer)

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Hey, i've just finished reading bnw so i've got all of my ideas for the essay, but am having a bit of trouble actually writing one.
Has anyone got any essays that i could have a look at, or ideas on how to set it all up? It's always been the hard part for me..
Thanks

mittens

HSC
if u still need help... u wanna write an essay on both blade runner and bnw right? well considering one's afilm and one's a novel, you need to write on techniques used to convey the story, mood and what have you. also you need to communicate an understanding of the story. draw parallels between the two and divide your essay amongst these, i.e. a paragraph (sometimes two) for each point. it's really easy to write an essay if you think about it. write a plan and divide it up into the 3 sections of intro, body and conclusion, make little headings for the intro of what you think specifically answers your question, under each point write some dot-pointed details. then you can worry about the intro and save the conclusion till u get to it! good luck!

QUASTY

turk

expanding on what mittens said, hey by the way. u need to simply break them both up into themes, eg. control, nature v's technology, family, social values etc. they are your paragraphs, in each paragraph talk about the techniques used and realaye it to the question then compare the two both similarities and differences. i used to hate too. Don't forget to talk about context though, the historical social and cultural contexts of when they were written and today. In your intro talk about how they both represent a dystopian world which is ironic as scince's progresion tries to make it a utopis, but as the savage said, 'I want the right to be unhappy'and introdude them as being a film and novel and all the normal shit. INTRODUDE YOUR THEMES AND GO FROM THERE. but don't forget to answer the question it could be specifically asking you about scince v's nature or context or anything. goodlluck you will be fine u are thinking about iut which is cool!!!!!!!!!

go for it!!!!!!!!!!!

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Ok Thanks for that..
I wrote a plan the other day. How many themes should you talk about? Because i had 3 main ones (one had a sort of second point in it) and a back up one for depending on the question. But with talking about techniques, what the themes mean, and context etc, it seems like theres gonna be quite a bit on each point.

vally

well obviously it depends on the essay question. the topic of "in the wild" refers to humanity's relationship with nature. and it is apparent that both the societys in the texts have divorced themselves from nature, therefore an undoing of mother nature has occured.
so in answer to ur question, the main things you should consider wen ur writing ur essay is what it means to be human for each society. obviously their definiton of nature defies our definition of nature, so talk about how nature is inverted in both texts... if u dont know what that word means, look it up bcos i don't know who to explain it to u without confusing you so just look it up in the dictionary if u don't already know. :D
but there are many specific themes for the 2 texts..... havent u studied it bcos they should have taught u them. and also, it is very important to contextualise both texts. that means u have to look at the content and the statements both texts are making in the time they were written, so u can see what influenced them. and u must also know the different reading of each text, such as a feminist reading, a reagenist reading, film noir (only applies to BR obviously). my teacher told me that the HSC question is guaranteed to make us mention the contexts and the different readings of the 2 texts as well as something to with nature. every HSC exam for this topic has anyway,. ok now im blabbing on, but i hope this helps....
bla bla

superbird

HSC
This module is about comparing two different texts. Definately not about Interpretation in terms of feminist or marxist type readings!

ChiCkenDrUmStIc

I didnt hear about different readings or is that only in the extension courses?
and can anyone fill me in on the importance of the eyes in BR i dont fully understand that...

mittens

HSC
the eyes are the main factor in deterniming the humanity of a being. they take teh test to determine whether their pupils dialte because they do that when u get angry or whatever, the idea is that the replicants dont have emotions which means that they can bluff but are still caught out when their pupil doesen't reflect the emotion they display...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)