• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Board of Studies Helplines (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
are all of you including workshop things into your essay?
is it really relevant? i mean, if we dont include any, do you think we'll lose marks or something?
doing contemp. but i havent included any workshop info. i just thought there was no point.
and meyerhold's a bumlicking monkey doo-er who should just go sit on the queen.
You need workshop experiences to make band 6. Check the marking guidelines and performance bands. My advice : Make them up.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Drama students are meant to be creative :)

I did some very strange things with the elms in desire under the elms for my trial. Veeeeerry strange things :p

V

val_dramaqueen

neo_o said:
I did some very strange things with the elms in desire under the elms for my trial. Veeeeerry strange things :p
hmmm, that sounds somewhat sexual...

but, on track... yeah, make em up! i mean, what are they going to do? ring up your teacher and ask?
umm... that was rhetorical... and no, they won't...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
val_dramaqueen said:
hmmm, that sounds somewhat sexual......
If you said that in that essay, you would have done better than some people in my class without reading the book. :p

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
thanks billz... and everyone.
i think im fine with Cont. Australian. i'll probably just add in... oh shit. hang on.
okay, out of curiousity, how many plays do you includes in your response? normally?
for me, i'd say two.
so do you think if we focused on two plays and really knew them to (hopefully) make them versatile for any question, we'll be fine?
OR
are you guys preparing ALL the plays youve studied and then just choosing which everone suits the question better?

V

val_dramaqueen

neo_o said:
If you said that in that essay, you would have done better than some people in my class without reading the book. :p
surely, they can't be that bad...wait... there are people in my class who don't even know what texts we're doing... so... i can see where you're coming from :D

kalinda

HSC
my teachers like shove in as many examples of workshops as possible cuz it shows ur physically exploring the text and since we are drama students we to work on our feet
plus if your doing plays your need to see them as productions and not words on paper

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
hey laura...long time no see :)

I'm just memorising essays and adapting them to the question. It's worked everytime for all subjects *touches wood* so it should be good for this one.

I'm kinda hoping they'll be nice with the questions. We need a break

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
kalinda, for Meyerhold, do you talk all about how hard it is to do biomechanics for us... the strain it places on the body and the precisness of it all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)