• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boardgames (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well I just finished playing with my girlfriend, house mate and the guy nextdoor my first game of Cluedo in about 10 years. And I just realised how excellant a good boardgame can be.

Anyone have any fond memories about their favourite boardgames they played with their brothers/sisters or other kids from the local neighbourhood?

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i took cluedo and scattergories back to uni with me last term.. twas an absolute hit

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
The best board game ever, and the only one worth playing is RISK:uhhuh:! I think I think I have played Cluedo once or twice but I can't really remember what it was like, I might actually have it somewhere:).

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
monopoly and cluedo were so much fun and i always kicked ass at cluedo. Not much good at monopoly... i rmember my sister used to always get like ALL the properties on a whole side of the board and put houses on them and i would be completely fucked. They dont make boardgames like they used to though, all the new ones are shit, they try to put too much plastic stuff that needs batteries and takes ages to set up in them.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
cluedo was awsome
i member when i was younger me na dmy friends made me a cleudo murder mystery birthday party
it was soo fucken awsome
we all dresssed up as different characters, and were in diff rooms of my house, each group went around the different rooms and then we told them our version of events then gave them a part of a puzzle that was a clue to who the murderer was. in the end the first group that got the answer then had to play agaisnt each other and try and find the hidden board game of cludeo in my house. if they found it they got to keep it.

man it was sooo fucken awsome!! people were talknig bout my party for years to come! and i think it was only in yr 7 or sumthing

Auto Wah

the best board game in the entire world is.......... what's that game called where you guess where the ship is and you torpedo it to pieces. Shipwreck???

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Monopoly. I remember chucking a tanty after realizing I was losing. Wasn't a happy chappy.

Poindexter

The king of all boardgames is Scrabble. All the blokes have gotten into it lately by playing it on Yahoo! games. You'd be surprised how much fun a good game of Scrabble can be.

santaslayer

HSC
I liked Monopoly and that "Who?" game where you had to guess the character by asking questions. :p I play Monopoly with my friend's mobile phone whenever I get the chance to. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Poindexter said:
The king of all boardgames is Scrabble. All the blokes have gotten into it lately by playing it on Yahoo! games. You'd be surprised how much fun a good game of Scrabble can be.
You can't go past a good game of scrabble. It's a favourite in my house and is always brought out on a rainy day... who needs computer games when you can spend it with your friends enjoying the afternoon arguing over if 'quizicle' is a word or trying to work out that Miss Scarlet was the murderer with the rope in the study.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
The best board game ever, and the only one worth playing is RISK:uhhuh:! I think I think I have played Cluedo once or twice but I can't really remember what it was like, I might actually have it somewhere:).
RISK is so awesome... someone brought it to college, much fun was had.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
do people remember trouble? that game was awosme with the popping dice
and also nightmare with the gate keeper on the tv, they are full ripping off that idea now with a whole lot of new versions, but i memba the original used to scare the crap outta me!

Farnarcle

Yeah, Ive the the new Risk, it's pretty mad. But the last and only time I played with a full house nobody else had a clue how to play so it sucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)