• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boat People (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

If I remember correctly, we've had similar riots to Paris. Macquarie Fields riots were based on the same premise, it wasn't strictly a war between white Australians and ethnics, it was a class war. Los Angeles in 1988 I think? had similar riots to Paris, they were caused predominantly by African Americans, but the one thing they all have in common is that they occured in lower socio-economic areas. I can see where race and immigration may come into play though. If you have a unskilled, uneducated people in high density housing commission areas they're eventually going to get pissed off with authority and class inequity.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Lozacious said:
Erawamai, the way Australia is going, it's heading for a paris-riot situation. France, and the Netherlands are suffering the same problem as every western nation... Millions of people from poor countries found a loophole in their immigration system and have moved there.. which upsets the balance of things whether people like to admit it or not.
You blame this on race. Crime has little to do with race. It has more to do with wealth and wealth disparity. Wealth disparity is caused by neoliberal economics which the Liberal party advocates...as do all the major parties. The reason you arn't filthy rich and living in Rose Bay with all the wealthy asians and others, despite being white (superior in your eyes) and being a many generation Australia thus giving you the opportunity to build wealth, is because such policies do not consider race because race is irrelvant in the market and the market determines who is rich and who is not. It doesn't discriminate on the basis of race.

Unfortunatly your type of old fashioned conservative isnt served very well by the current Liberal government. Sure they want you to vote for them but in the end you get the raw deal because you get screwed by modern economics which isnt concerned about race but you are...while you are sitting their being concerned about race with the muslims who are also concerned with race...evyone else moves on. Thats how you get white trash and minority racial groups. They can't pull themselves out of poverty because they are too concerned by culture and race differences.

K

katie_tully

Schoolies_2004 said:
I dont get the unskilled idea.

For eg, exaggerated of course, you cant employ an unskilled worker as an Accountant? I was of the belief that the main effect would be a decrease in the avg wage because employees have less bargaining power. And Australia doesnt really have to many unskilled jobs in comparison to a nation such as China, and I cant see that changing.
No, no. Occupations such as accountants, teachers, etcetera won't be terribly effected. It's the disposable jobs, factory workers, labourers, things like that. It's not economically viable for companies to employ skilled workers who demand or require certain award wages.
An influx of unskilled workers means that these companies can employ more people for less. Basically it's about product efficiency and cutting down on costs, unfortunately it is the average skilled worker that misses out.

Jiga

If you have a unskilled, uneducated people in high density housing commission areas they're eventually going to get pissed off with authority and class inequity.
Exactly. It might not be the people that immigrated here, but for sure the next generation who are brought up with Western Ideals wont like being bums

K

katie_tully

It's all through Australia. I know there is alot of resentment of higher classes and authority in the central west, especially in larger regional centres like Dubbo and Orange. The crime rate out here is exceptionally high, and it's increasingly being caused by juveniles not adults.
It's not always about immigrants, I think you'll find that if immigrants came from poverty and now have a job in Australia they're less inclined to incite violence and riot. It's often Australian born people who become fed up with their conditions, the government, the police, etc.

Lozacious

Banned
HSC
erawamai said:
You blame this on race. Crime has little to do with race. It has more to do with wealth and wealth disparity. Wealth disparity is caused by neoliberal economics which the Liberal party advocates...
There is a correlation between race and class.
erawamai said:
as do all the major parties. The reason you arn't filthy rich and living in Rose Bay with all the wealthy asians and others, despite being white (superior in your eyes) and being a many generation Australia thus giving the appertunity to build wealth, is because such policies do not consider race because race is irrelvant in the market.
I actually laughed out loud at this one. lol. lol.
I didn't say that race was relevant in the market? It is relevant in society, and is the cause of much problems, from what ever angle you look at it.
erawamai said:
Unfortunatly your type of old fashioned conservative isnt served very well by the current Liberal government.
True.. They are by no means harsh enough.. But they are still more inclined toward civility that say the ALP or Greens, which even if it isn't absolute, is still a better option than a party such as ALP which is completely against us.
erawamai said:
Sure they want you to vote for them because in the end you get the raw because you get screwed by modern economics...it isnt concerned about race but you are...while you are sitting their being concerned about race (like say the muslims) everyone else benefits.
Every party has a hunger for votes. It just so happens that the liberals realise where to dig for oil, yet the others not such much are too stupid too... but don't want to because they don't want to serve the interests of those people.. in fact they want to destroy it.

Jiga

No, no. Occupations such as accountants, teachers, etcetera won't be terribly effected
Well then that doesnt effect me :cool:

Well relating it back to the argument, or the more reason that we dont want more unskilled refugees or illegal immigrants increasing the supply of labour...because this will only lead to a further decrease in wages on top of the reforms......and more income inequality for ALL unskilled workers.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
katie_tully said:
It's often Australian born people who become fed up with their conditions, the government, the police, etc.
...essentially because they missed out on the prosperity of the rest of the country. They hate how non white or non Aussies manages to ride the wave of prosperity and they didn't. Sucessfull people in Australia who benefit from economic reform are those who are not concerned about race and treat each individual on their economic merit. Everyone else misses out.

Lozacious

Banned
HSC
erawamai said:
...essentially because they missed out on the prosperity of the rest of the country. They hate how non white or non Aussies manages to ride the wave of prosperity and they didn't. Sucessfull people in Australia who benefit from economic reform are those who are not concerned about race and treat each individual on their economic merit. Everyone else misses out.
All you're good at is attempting to manipulate. Back onto the topic of BOAT people.

Note to everyone: do not let this person lead you down a path. He waits down there with a club ready to null you.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Lozacious said:
. I actually laughed out loud at this one. lol. lol.
I didn't say that race was relevant in the market? It is relevant in society, and is the cause of much problems, from what ever angle you look at it.

True.. They are by no means harsh enough.. But they are still more inclined toward civility that say the ALP or Greens, which even if it isn't absolute, is still a better option than a party such as ALP which is completely against us.

Every party has a hunger for votes. It just so happens that the liberals realise where to dig for oil, yet the others not such much are too stupid too... but don't want to because they don't want to serve the interests of those people.. in fact they want to destroy it.
See you just don't get it. Quite simply old fashioned conservatives like you are best served by left wing economic policy. The Liberal party's economic policy which determines wealth in society doesn't gave a crap about race. It's right wing. Liberals know that their economic policy isn't going to benefit you. However it wont stop them from asking for your vote playing the race card gently to make you get all excited.

How does the governments right wing economic policy actually benefit you mathmite? How come, being supreior white and a generational Australia, have you not benefitted from the economic reforms desiged to ensure properity? Why the hell are you not filthy fucking rich?

Hmmmm?

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Gah! Of course there is correlation between race and class. In Australia, the low socio-economic bracket is mainly filled with people of aboriginal heritage and some middle eastern heritage.
The riots in Paris have become not so much about race, but about class. It isn't coincidental that they're ethnic, because it's not racist to say that in western countries, those of lower socioeconomic status are usually non whites.

Jiga

I think you'll find that if immigrants came from poverty and now have a job in Australia they're less inclined to incite violence and riot.
But like I said before, the next generation will be brought up with different ideals and are inclinced towards violence. Look at Asian and Lebanese gangs for example.

K

katie_tully

Well yes. Australia was colonised by whites, founded by whites, thus for the better part of the last 2 centuries white people have enjoyed wealth and prosperity over other races.
Australia was rebuilt by immigrants after both world wars, people need to realise this. Those immigrants aren't the cause of the trouble though, because they worked hard and made a living for themselves. Many decendents of world war 2 immigrants are relatively well off, because their fathers/grandfathers were skilled and lived comfortably.
It's when immigrants come to Australia and are unskilled, it's usually their children that resent wealth. They've grown up from birth in Australia, and unlike their parents do not know the poverty and hardship of their mother country. Therefore authority and anything symbolic of oppression/wealth become targets.
White people are becoming increasingly bitter towards immigrants, because we've had such a foothold for so long we fear we're going to lose our status.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
katie_tully said:
White people are becoming increasingly bitter towards immigrants, because we've had such a foothold for so long we fear we're going to lose our status.
...its built on a fear that if they actully got here and worked hard and became wealthy it would be unfair because they aint white.

K

katie_tully

well yes
some white australians don't understand that some immigrants have motivation and desire to become wealthy, and that australia has opportunities their home nation could not provide.
what they dont realise, is that these opportunities are open to everybody, white australians, immigrants, you just can't sit there and expect to be given them because you're born in Australia.

Jiga

It's when immigrants come to Australia and are unskilled, it's usually their children that resent wealth. They've grown up from birth in Australia, and unlike their parents do not know the poverty and hardship of their mother country. Therefore authority and anything symbolic of oppression/wealth become targets.
Well that was the point I was putting across! If we let all these illegal immigrants or refugees (whateva they wanna cal themselves) who are unskilled then the long term effect will be negative, ESPECIALLY with the IR reforms that will drive down wages even further! So, thats why legal immigration is important, so the country can choose the most deirable people....ie skilled workers like doctors. You see it every where to, lots of professionals around who were born in India.

Lozacious

Banned
HSC
erawamai said:
See you just don't get it. Quite simply old fashioned conservatives like you are best served by left wing economic policy.
Ok, hold on whilst I tell the rest of conservative Australia, that they should vote for the party which introduced various ridiculous immigration reforms, because… The left wing parties have better economics?

You know.. the ALP introduced many great policies.. The abolition of the white Australia policy… The family re-union scheme! But… We should vote for the ALP because their economics policies favor conservatives!

They aren’t good for conservatives… and even if they were, they had many-a-ridiculous policy which favored the immigrant and which ultimately hurt Australia.

---

And .. Back to the topic of BOAT PEOPLE. I know your trying to lead me down an ally so that you can club me to death, but i'm going to stay on the main road thank you very much. Lets see you club me there.

K

katie_tully

lol. funny story about the doctor thing actually. you know how the country has a shortage of doctors? well we've got about 6 or 7 iraqi/egyptian/irani doctors out here. i dont like them purely because they dont have the professionalism australian born and educated doctors do. it's just a personal preference, but hey they're filling the void.

but hey, then there was always victor chang. <3

Jiga

And like I said above, with the Indians, its all about patching up the ecnonomy, choosing the types of workers that we have deficiencies in. Happens alot with education. WE dont need unskilled workers though, we've got enough bums/poor out their to do that already.

some white australians don't understand that some immigrants have motivation and desire to become wealthy, and that australia has opportunities their home nation could not provide.
what they dont realise, is that these opportunities are open to everybody, white australians, immigrants, you just can't sit there and expect to be given them because you're born in Australia.
Its been around forever. I remember by grandad saying how when they earnt enough money (via lots of hours of working at shyte rates) to buy a house how all the Aussies were Poed cos they rented or had smaller houses. Theres always going to be envy - and thats what fuels violence amung the poor

Last edited by a moderator:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Lozacious said:
Ok, hold on whilst I tell the rest of conservative Australia, that they should vote for the party which introduced various ridiculous immigration reforms, because… The left wing parties have better economics?
I need moonlights face slap picture here. YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T GET IT. LEft wing parties, like the GREENS, have better economic policy for old fashioned conservatives like you. Their social agenda is totally against your view but economically they are right up your ally. They dont like the free market. Thats good for you because the free market and neoliberalism don't care about race when it comes to distributing wealth while you do...alot.

The point is because you are racist you are going to get anally raped by neoliberal economics. Regardless of whether it is ALP or Liberal. Probably more so under the liberal party. But you still vote for them because they turn you on by playing the race card. They know their policies won't benefit you but they still ask for your vote.

How does right wing economic policy (ALP and Liberal) actually benefit you mathmite? How come, being supreior white and a generational Australia, have you not benefitted from the economic reforms desiged to ensure prosperity? Why the hell are you not filthy rich?

Hmmmm?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)