Boat People (3 Viewers)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hmm true about those who overstay their visas, but it's unfair to refugees to send them back to their homeland and risk inevitable execution, if i were a boat person and knew i would be dying anytime soon in a plane off to god knows where *lets say iran* and knew i was going to die then i'd rather die here than back there where they can find out my identity and result in the execution of my family, i didnt come on a boat, i came on a plane but i seriously dont think there is a difference its just a mode of transport, but with the passengers themselves its a status to whether they be asylum seekers or those visa over stayers *if there be such a word...omg it pisses me off this debate goes on and on and it has no effect whatsoever on the outcome of those detention seekers shut up, id like to c johnny and pauline hanson in the woomera dt centre for a month and c how they like the atmosphere

Rorix

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
sorry i mean AGBs post ...his is will ok ...not racist ...just evil ...
I don't agree with what he said either (and I think he's being sarcastic), but calling something evil is just trying to impose your morality upon others.

then i went to uni...
Congrats. Since you went to uni and I'm still in high school, obviously you're correct.

john howard may not be a racist ...but he is definatly a cultural supremisist...
So you were wrong to call John Howard racist? BTW: I love the way you say 'definatly' and back up your points with facts.

john howards most racist policy is his immigration laws and the pretrospective legislation to remove islands from Australian territory !!!!!
THIS IS NOT RACISM! You're just trying to use a buzzword. The definition of racism according to dictionary.com:

racism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)
n.
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

For John Howard's immigration policy (not laws) to be racist in reference to things like the islands, it would have to be something like "the northern islands are excluded from Australia's migration zone for Asian and Arabs only."

Rorix

HSC
he lied about a very important thing...it drumed up racial hatred in Aus
Well, if you think that the majority of Australians are racist, it's John Howard's job to reflect their views as Australia is a democracy.

WE have patrol boats that were doing the job already ...fremantle class patrol boats ...and about 20 of them...as u can see he convivned u he need to send up two australia frigates (of the 2nd largest warships we have armed with harpoon ship to ship missles anti sub missiles and everything)
This basically comes down to personal opinion (as to if the waters are covered or not). However, you can never do the job too well, so there's no problem with overkill. If 10 policemen could enforce the law somewhere, and 100 policemen do it, it's not like a worse job is done.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
it would be weird if there was a leaking boat carrying hundreds of anglos....i wonder how howard would react to that hmm...

Rorix

HSC
READ DEEPER INTO IT !!!!!!!!
"Read deeper" is just another way of saying 'look for something that isn't there.'

i just hope ur views change when u take some politcs units at uni or something
So I could blatently state my opinion and try to pass it off as fact without any supporting evidence, like you do?

you can call him either...racist or cultural supremisist...both words have been used and argued...
Yeah well, I could call him homosexual as well. What's your point?

racism is not a buzz word...it rife in Australia ...1/4 people voted for hanson in QLD...and ud have rocks in ur head to say that she isnt a racist
RACISM IS A BUZZWORD! Buzzword means "A stylish or trendy word or phrase" (dictionary.com). Racism is very much trendy - you yourself are using the term racism inappropriately. Pauline Hanson had other policies apart from her racial ones, you know. Perhaps that's the reason people voted for her?

as for zones...your quote is well...um correct ...that was its doing ...essentially [/B][/QUOTE]

Democray is a a flawed concept...
Yeah, dictators and communism is the way Australia should be going!

and john howard if he was a good pm would be trying to enlighten Australia ...not drag it back...and reflect its views...otherwise nothing would change
This is your opnion. BTW: not all change is beneficial.

and frigates were not needed...if we take ur argument we might as well put up a fence and put our whole navy up there (the remaining 4 OHP class frigates ...and the very very old perth class destroyers...the purpose of which is not to destroy small wooden boats
And if we just let everyone in Australia we might as well just have 6 billion people living here. obviously things are not meant to be taken to extremes.

Rorix

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
it would be weird if there was a leaking boat carrying hundreds of anglos....i wonder how howard would react to that hmm...
Now we're reaching the stage where we just make shit up because we can't find enough facts to criticise Howard over.

Generator

HSC
N/A
My only problem with this debate is that people assume that a large number of people also share their views without any factual base for such a claim.

I am also yet to see Australia's name dragged through the mud by a credible organisation regarding border control and the 'refugee problem'. We has been criticised, but at the same time many other nations (just look at the UK and France) are taking a similar stance.

Asquithian: I agree with your points regarding Howard, but Costello is of the same political mould... He only adds a more 'human' face to the government's policies.

Edit:
more human is better than no human ...!!! :)
I agree. I can still remember Costello being criticised at the last election for having fun while on a radio show... I thought that it was great (even though I voted for the democrats).

Last edited:

AGB

HSC
just to set the record straight, i was being sarcastic...i dont believe that they are sub-human or a burden...sorry if i offended anyone......

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh.... there is one thing u all havent thought about

the government couldnt give a crap about the australian people nor refugees.....they are all in it for themselves.... its their job.

this is going off topic a bit but
eg. the war with iraq... it was clear that australia didnt want to send its troops to iraq but mr. lil dicky johnny howard still sent them. n y??? to suck up to g.bush...and if iraq were to strike at us as well as america then what would happen??? america isnt gonna save australias arse wen they are too busy trying to save their own!

:argue:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
shouldnt johnny be retired by now? whos going to take his place when he retires? peter costello? *shudders

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Costello is funny, he makes Question Time much more entertaining :D

Costello is human, at least more human than Howard. I think Costello would do a better job than Howard...

Costello in Opposition, Latham as PM, I would wag school just to watch Question Time!

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
oh poor costello. but howard wants to cling to power.

costello would have to "quit smirking", (CNNNN was hilarious), if he wants to become the pm.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
How sad was it when Costello was trying to be funny?
"Nah, nah I'm in the Cadman camp"
Craig just ignored him! Poor bloke :(

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ow i bags plucking his mono when he retires
he might pay me 5c if im lucky...
greedy bastard

Alexander

Gold Member
He doesnt want to retire because he's trying to show the ageing pop of aust that "I can do it, so can you" So he can mitigate the coming economic troubles....but n e way.

Boat people have stirred up the controversial issue of the west's high standard of living being derived at the expence of the majority of the world's pop. What do we do when they want to live in paradise too? Who will do the dirty work for our great civilization then?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
He doesnt want to retire because he's trying to show the ageing pop of aust that "I can do it, so can you" So he can mitigate the coming economic troubles....but n e way.

Boat people have stirred up the controversial issue of the west's high standard of living being derived at the expence of the majority of the world's pop. What do we do when they want to live in paradise too? Who will do the dirty work for our great civilization then?

huh??
johnny howard jsut wants more money .. .thats why he aint retired yet... n also he likes drawing the cards

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SKA
huh??
johnny howard jsut wants more money .. .thats why he aint retired yet... n also he likes drawing the cards
Why would he need more money, he will get a politicians pension? However, the next PM must not travel from Sydney to Canberra on a private plane at tax-payers expense just because they don't want to live in a particular place.

Alexander

Gold Member
Well that 'particular place' has been home to many other PMs. It's a landmark and holds almost ceremonial significance. It's our little white house.
To hell with Latham.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Why would he need more money, he will get a politicians pension? However, the next PM must not travel from Sydney to Canberra on a private plane at tax-payers expense just because they don't want to live in a particular place.
yeh... i dont know that much about what money this n that .... politics just gets me really fustrated .. just gotta have my say

HSC
FACT- majority of boat ppl are from the middle east
only media manipulation centralise their "targets" on asians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)