bogged down by geography of Egypt HELP (1 Viewer)

unfold

HSC
Hey peeps,

i hope someone can be generous enough to tell me what places are included in 'south-west Asia' )e.g. does Libya or Palestine fall into this area?) and where the hell is Retjenu??

thanks guys

X

xeuyrawp

unfold said:
Hey peeps,

i hope someone can be generous enough to tell me what places are included in 'south-west Asia' )e.g. does Libya or Palestine fall into this area?) and where the hell is Retjenu??

thanks guys
South-west asia is basically up to where Africa joins onto Sauda Arabia. Look on an atlas where the two join, and when you get into Egypt, you're no longer in south-west asia.

Libya is in Africa, but Palestine is in asia.

Retjenu is the Egyptian term for a place in Palestine.

X

xeuyrawp

angelduck said:
try searching google for a map of ancient Egypt, coz it will have these places marked, there is one in Bradley i believe
Bah, there are no good maps online. In any case Retjenu wouldn't be on it (1. very uncommon word, 2. wasn't even in Egypt), Libya wouldnt be (modern name), and neither would Palestine (also modern, but isn't even officially a country (according to us...)).

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

unfold said:
thanks guys :) i'll get the hang of it soon
Coo.

Another kinda important thing, you're aware that Upper Egypt is in the south, and Lower Egypt in the north?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)