Bonded Medicine (1 Viewer)

luv2luvurmama

HSC
Hello,
I applied for a bonded degree at JMP (Newcastle + Armidale), and was just wondering, if late round offers had already been given out for the course?
I was also wondering if it is alot easier to get into, to say the normal medical course at JMP, ie maybe what umat/Atar i would need to get an interview. I am not rural, but local to Newcastle.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Hello,
I applied for a bonded degree at JMP (Newcastle + Armidale), and was just wondering, if late round offers had already been given out for the course?
I was also wondering if it is alot easier to get into, to say the normal medical course at JMP, ie maybe what umat/Atar i would need to get an interview. I am not rural, but local to Newcastle.
You must mean main round, because as far as I know, no med schools in NSW give out medical degree offers until the main round in mid-January (with possible esception of provisional entry to USYD med-supposedly they get informal notification). Late round doesn't usually come out until early February.

Bonded medicine is slightly easier to get into than "normal" CSP in general, since most will put it below unbonded CSP in preference when they are lodging internal application (supposedly some-I guess those with rural background-actually state preference for bonded place over unbonded places). If there's 100 places with 75 unbonded and 25 bonded, first 75 eligible applicants with highest application scores (UAI/ATAR, interview, UMAT, etc.) will receive unbonded CSP and then next 25 will received bonded CSP places. In real terms, it doesn't signify much difference, maybe a few UMAT marks or so, due to the competitive nature of entry into medical degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)