Bonus ATAR points for UNSW science? (1 Viewer)

omnipotent

HSC
Well my science coordinator has just told us that competing in the UNSW science competition could potentially give you bonus marks if you do well in it.
Looking through the website, I haven't been able to find anything on it and would like to know if anyone else has heard of anything on this?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Never heard of this.

UNSW does give out bonus points for doing well in subjects related to your preferred uni degree though (e.g. E4 in 4u maths = bonus points for eng, sci etc.)
Same, I haven't heard of it either (unless it's completely new and very recent this year). But qft for receiving bonus points by 'doing well in subjects related to your preferred uni degree'.

Miss_Muppet

HSC
I heard something like this, except for Gold Duke of Ed or for doing a Senior Leaders Course
haven't heard anything since and can't find any info either. Have you tried the specific websites and also UAC?

Just looked it up... You can find a list of things that will give you bonus points for UNSW here: http://www.unsw.edu.au/images/ced/UNSWEliteathletesandperfomers2010pdf.pdf

Last edited:

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
According to that PDF, you can get 1 point if you earn a medal doing the ICAS competition (this is the new name for the UNSW competitions). There isn't anything for just entering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)