Bonus points for law? (1 Viewer)

cometGeek

HSC
N/A
If your school is eligible for EAS then you should definitely have a chance with UNSW with a 97 ATAR.
Both USyd and UNSW offer EAS for their combined law degrees. USyd website says the ATAR cut-off in 2015 was 97.85 in order to achieve entry with bonus points. Not sure about UNSW but I remember when I applied they mentioned giving up to 5 bonus points. I can't be certain about the cut-off since it wasn't published on their website (at least I've never seen it, and mind you I've spent a lot of time on there).

Just work hard and even if you don't get in straight away, you can always transfer. There is so much emphasis placed on the ATAR during high school but it's not the be all and end all. 90/95/99 are all great results. No matter what you get, you should be proud of yourself and getting a lower grade will definitely not stop you from going to law school or becoming a successful lawyer. For instance, a friend of mine went to the University of New England to study law and 1 year out of uni she's working at a top tier firm in Sydney and is studying for her bar exam.

Good Luck!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If your school is eligible for EAS then you should definitely have a chance with UNSW with a 97 ATAR.
Both USyd and UNSW offer EAS for their combined law degrees. USyd website says the ATAR cut-off in 2015 was 97.85 in order to achieve entry with bonus points. Not sure about UNSW but I remember when I applied they mentioned giving up to 5 bonus points. I can't be certain about the cut-off since it wasn't published on their website (at least I've never seen it, and mind you I've spent a lot of time on there).

Just work hard and even if you don't get in straight away, you can always transfer. There is so much emphasis placed on the ATAR during high school but it's not the be all and end all. 90/95/99 are all great results. No matter what you get, you should be proud of yourself and getting a lower grade will definitely not stop you from going to law school or becoming a successful lawyer. For instance, a friend of mine went to the University of New England to study law and 1 year out of uni she's working at a top tier firm in Sydney and is studying for her bar exam.

Good Luck!
You can't assume this, most people i know (including me) only got 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)