Bonus points into diag radiography? (1 Viewer)

Yolos0n

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I am currently about to sit my HSC exam and after putting my marks into atar calculators, I've gotten an estimate of around low 90's... However I want to get into the bachelor of diagnostic radiography course at usyd which is 95 atar, and I was wondering how competitive and the likelihood of getting into the course without meeting the cut off is.

I am aware of the bonus points that usyd offers (I think it was called flexible entry or something) but even if I manage to get 5 bonus points and somehow I am unable to meet the cut off, what are the chances of getting into the course specifically?

Also what are the chances of getting the bonus points? Are they guaranteed upon meeting the criteria?

If someone has first hand experience on this, could you please shed light on this? Thank you!

engineering

HSC
N/A
FLEXIBLE ENTRY PATHWAY DETAILS - BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE (DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHY)
Your ATAR or equivalent will be considered for entry to the Bachelor of Applied Science (Diagnostic Radiography). Our admission rank cut-offs change each year, based on demand for the course.
2016 ATAR 95.00
2016 IB 37
Available for flexible entry pathway Yes, the Flexible Entry Scheme is offered for this course.
If you completed an overseas Year 12 qualification, contact the Admissions Office: +61 2 8627 8210 or +61 2 8627 8209.
Flexible Entry Relevant HSC subjects
Band 4 and above in at least two of: Advanced English, Mathematics (not General), Biology, Chemistry, Physics.

How to apply
No application is needed as the faculty will automatically consider applicants whose ATAR falls up to a maximum of 5 points below the ATAR cut-off for this course, depending on availability of places.

Other ways to apply
If your ATAR doesn't meet the required cut-off, consider the Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHlthSci). Graduates with a credit average in the BHlthSci, and with the required major are eligible to apply for a place in the Graduate Entry Master’s degree programs. Contact the Faculty of Health Sciences directly on +61 2 9351 9161 for more information.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Absolute maximum they will allow is 5.

Possibly will give less than 5 if the is high demand.

flutzy73

HSC
where did you get the info about the band 4 requirements for flexible entry into diag radiography?

(I do realise this is an old thread, but I'm also interested in doing it but not sure if I'll exceed the 95 ATAR requirement)

engineering

HSC
N/A
Usyd no longer has flexible entry (or what others call bonus points).

There are alternative entry scheme for low SES etc. but if the guaranteed entry is 95, then it is 95.

flutzy73

HSC
the 2017 usyd access guide still says there is flexible entry, and it is applicable to diag radiography??

HSC
I got into BCom at usyd which has the atar req. I got 93 + my low SES 5 bonus points = 98 selection rank = guaranteed entry.

thedemtrash

HSC
Hey, I know this is an old post but I was wondering what bachelor's degrees could I do other than a bachelor of health science usyd that will allow entry into M of diagnostic therapy. Thanks

sida1049

HSC
Hey, I know this is an old post but I was wondering what bachelor's degrees could I do other than a bachelor of health science usyd that will allow entry into M of diagnostic therapy. Thanks
According to the admission criteria section on the website, you just need a (any!) bachelor's degree with at least a credit average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)