Bonus points into uni (1 Viewer)

LOLisaaa

HSC
Hey guys! I was just curious as to whether there is a maximum amounts of bonus points allowed into various university institutions such as UNSW or UWS. I'm eligible for the HSC Plus scheme (for unsw) and the subject bonus (for UWS), Elite Athlete and Performers and also a few EAS schemes

Thanks in Advance for any help:)

HSC
You can receive a max of 5 from subject bonuses, a max of 10 from EAS, and I think being an Elite Athlete gives you (Unsure of how many points)? Potentially you could receive 15 + (Elite Athlete) bonus points as there is only a max amount of points for each scheme.

LOLisaaa

HSC
Oh okay thanks for that! :) Although I know for EAS some institutions such as UTS offer 10 bonus points just for attending a school situated in particulars. What if I had lodged a couple eas forms for other disadvantages ? Does it change?

Mutant Kitty

HSC
The system is all a tad strange...
For example I was considered for EAS bonus points due to financial disadvantage, yet all of my scholarship applications were thrown out the window.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The system is all a tad strange...
For example I was considered for EAS bonus points due to financial disadvantage, yet all of my scholarship applications were thrown out the window.
Was that EAS SO1A- Socioeconomically disadvantaged school?

That is what i had but in no way was i eligible for the personal financial disadvantage points. The only reason why i was eligible for SO1A was because of govt funding to my school.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
No, I don't remember the specific name but it was for personal financial disadvantage, evidenced by youth allowance, and I had to have my principal sign off on it.
Mind you, I also got SO1A.
And another for the death of a close family member.
I just find it odd how they throw bonus points around (I'd almost have a maximum atar with some institutions) yet when I apply for scholarships its hardly considered... Not complaining, just pointing it out, there would certainly be more needy applicants.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
No, I don't remember the specific name but it was for personal financial disadvantage, evidenced by youth allowance, and I had to have my principal sign off on it.
Mind you, I also got SO1A.
And another for the death of a close family member.
I just find it odd how they throw bonus points around (I'd almost have a maximum atar with some institutions) yet when I apply for scholarships its hardly considered... Not complaining, just pointing it out, there would certainly be more needy applicants.
That is strange, i don't understand the logic behind that.

If you're eligible for EAS points you should be eligible for scholarships. EAS is an extremely tough process.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Bonus points to some institutions are a joke.
A girl in my year DECIDED to play state hockey, she didn't have to...
She was also from a financially 'tough' background, yet had the money to participate in sport without an issue, seemingly...
She got an ATAR around 50, but got into UWS for Engineering (from the local area).
It is an absolute joke in many cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)