Bonus points question - URGENT (1 Viewer)

el_manu

HSC
I'm applying for EAS.

Just wondering if I get any bonus points from EAS, can the uni give me any bonus points on top of that?

Say I want to do Advanced Science at UNSW (ATAR 95), and I get an 89 ATAR, and EAS gives me 1 bonus point..... can UNSW give me 5 more bonus points on top of that for getting band 5 or 6 in relevant subjects.

I know for Advanced science that they give up to 5 bonus points for certain bands in relevant subjects (my brother got in with bonus points this year), but I am just wondering if it 'adds' to the bonus points i get from EAS?

Thx.

el_manu

HSC
I think UNSW caps the max bonus points all up to 5.
Yeh that's what I thought as well. But if that's the case I don't even need to waste my time applying for EAS then because I already know I can get 5 bonus points anyway (i'll definitely get a band 5 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and UNSW offers 2 bonus points for a band 5 in these subjects for Advanced Science).

So if that is the case, I have 7 weeks to improve my english mark then.

el_manu

HSC
yeh, but what if i only receive two bonus points from EAS, can UNSW still offer 5 bonus points for relevant bands in relevant subjects?

I don't think they can.

Flop21

HSC
yeh, but what if i only receive two bonus points from EAS, can UNSW still offer 5 bonus points for relevant bands in relevant subjects?

I don't think they can.
Well they said they can give 10 through ACCESS, and the thing you're talking about is HSC Plus I'm assuming?

Domestic students who complete an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate and perform well in subjects that are relevant to their preferred UNSW degree may be awarded a maximum of 5 bonus points.
SO I would guess that you would be able to get 5 max through HSC Plus in addition to your max 10 ACCESS bonus points. So 15 max all together. Because they are two separate systems.

Maybe ring up or ask this at the open day because I'm not entirely sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)