Booklets + DFD (1 Viewer)

Gigabyte89

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
only to pwn people :D
LMAO.

But you know what you want to do in life, so you enjoy making programs and what not, whilst i'll enjoy illegally obtaining them.

justfriedy

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Lol, don't ask me =/
I'm not out to impress anyone, only to pwn people :D
Therein lies the problem. you dont even recognise that you are showing off so you see nothing wrong in boasting about your abilities. it isnt normal. Maybe you should try meeting people in real life, you know, people you didn't meet over the internet. It mite teach you some social skills that you are clearly lacking.

komrade

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
nobody has made anything as close to the quality of mine
Starcraftmazter said:
I can make anything, without limit.
You really like yourself don't you...

justfriedy said:
It mite teach you some social skills that you are clearly lacking.
Take justfriedy's advise, he knows what he's talking about and displays higher intellect than yourself... the type that matters... I'm sorry

on a lighter note:

Gigabyte89 said:
whilst i'll enjoy illegally obtaining them.
LOLX...

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
SCM's arrogant and admits to it ;) Don't take what he says seriously...

JFTR I have seen his insane 4-dimensional JavaScript program which is something like 1000 lines long. I don't know how anyone could write that in JS.

Still, I think I beat him when it comes to Python :p

HSC
Gigabyte89 said:
But you know what you want to do in life, so you enjoy making programs and what not, whilst i'll enjoy illegally obtaining them.
I make open source programs, not need to illegally obtain them, download them for free :wave:

ajdlinux said:
Still, I think I beat him when it comes to Python :p
No argument there.

Gigabyte89

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I make open source programs, not need to illegally obtain them, download them for free :wave:
So you plan on living off open source software eh?

djh89

HSC
justfriedy said:
WOW. Am i supposed to be impressed? To be perfectly honest very few people care about your programming skills and the fact that you clearly would love to show them off at any given moment. I will admit i am not a very good programmer and i make very simple programs but as a result i have chosen the path of a social life which i believe is more fulfilling. You should try it some day.

Oh and for the record 20/20 MC
QFT. Having a great ability to program in a certain language means nothing really in SDD. Once you're aware of all the basic coding conventions and rules, pseudocode is all that matters. Even in the major coding projects, the focus should be on documentation, not the complexity of your game.

In my SDD class of 4, there was one guy just like you Starcraftmazter. Very good programmer who has been doing it for years. He has 0 social life though (I'm not suggesting you do as well). His attitude was a lot like yours, "I'm a great programmer, I'm gonna rip SDD so hard." but no he didn't. His major project was very impressive, and he did well overall, but not the best.

With this sort of attitude, you're really only going to do yourself harm when it comes to entering the workforce, regardless of how good a programmer you are.

HSC
Gigabyte89 said:
So you plan on living off open source software eh?
Businesses are disallowed to use open-source software for private business use (ie. if they want to change stuff, and not make it public), which means they will have to buy business trade licences.

djh89 said:
QFT. Having a great ability to program in a certain language means nothing really in SDD. Once you're aware of all the basic coding conventions and rules, pseudocode is all that matters. Even in the major coding projects, the focus should be on documentation, not the complexity of your game.
Good thing I'm good at pseudocode then? You give me any problem, and I can write an algorithm to solve it. Providing I got the time :p

Actually, what I was saying with the javascript there, rebuts your point perfectly. As I said, I'm a PHP programmer, and I had an incredibly complex programming challenge to solve, and I applied my skills and knowledge to javascript, to write a series of algorithms to solve this complex problem.

Now if that's not SDD, then I'm not sure what is.

ajdlinux

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Businesses are disallowed to use open-source software for private business use (ie. if they want to change stuff, and not make it public), which means they will have to buy business trade licences.
Actually, that's incorrect. It's only when they DO make it public (i.e. the binary version or other proprietary version) but they DON'T release the source code under your copyleft license, that they must purchase a licence. Otherwise, your license would contradict the Open Source Definition.

Of course, it's support and consulting to big megacorps that brings in the real money ;)

Good thing I'm good at pseudocode then? You give me any problem, and I can write an algorithm to solve it. Providing I got the time :p

Actually, what I was saying with the javascript there, rebuts your point perfectly. As I said, I'm a PHP programmer, and I had an incredibly complex programming challenge to solve, and I applied my skills and knowledge to javascript, to write a series of algorithms to solve this complex problem.

Now if that's not SDD, then I'm not sure what is.
That's applying SDD knowledge about the basis of computer algorithms :) I was pretty surprised that you could do that, but I now figure you can make a design first and then implement it in whatever language you want.

More on topic question: did anyone here other than me only use four booklets?

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
solve this (that is to say, computational time no longer than a year):

Given 100 cities and the costs of travelling from any city to any other city, what is the cheapest round-trip route that visits each city exactly once and then returns to the starting city?

lulZ! (here's a hint: you can't)

ajdlinux

HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:

Given 100 cities and the costs of travelling from any city to any other city, what is the cheapest round-trip route that visits each city exactly once and then returns to the starting city?

lulZ! (here's a hint: you can't)
Get a dictionary, find the definition of 'visit', get some liquid paper, white it out, then write 'meaningless verb placed to make grammatically-correct sentences in fake computation problems.' Repeat with 'return'.

It becomes much easier then ;)

HSC
ajdlinux said:
Actually, that's incorrect. It's only when they DO make it public (i.e. the binary version or other proprietary version) but they DON'T release the source code under your copyleft license, that they must purchase a licence. Otherwise, your license would contradict the Open Source Definition.
When I say "make it public", I clearly mean the source code, not the binary code. It's impossible to actually deploy your software without "making it public", in terms of compiled code.

So you see, I was correct, as my statement was open to your bad interpretation of it.

ajdlinux said:
Of course, it's support and consulting to big megacorps that brings in the real money ;)
Oh yeh, if they want paid support, take them downtown 8)

ajdlinux said:
but I now figure you can make a design first and then implement it in whatever language you want.
Correct 8)

PoP 'n' Fresh said:

If I understand the problem correctly, it doesn't matter which way you take, you will end up paying the same price.

Or perhaps I'm not understanding what you intended, and your problem is flawed, as Ajd points out.

ajdlinux

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
When I say "make it public", I clearly mean the source code, not the binary code. It's impossible to actually deploy your software without "making it public", in terms of compiled code.

So you see, I was correct, as my statement was open to your bad interpretation of it.
'Clearly' isn't true, and while I didn't get your intended interpretation it was still a valid interpretation :p

Oh yeh, if they want paid support, take them downtown 8)
Yeah :D

If I understand the problem correctly, it doesn't matter which way you take, you will end up paying the same price.

Or perhaps I'm not understanding what you intended, and your problem is flawed, as Ajd points out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
ajdlinux said:
Get a dictionary, find the definition of 'visit', get some liquid paper, white it out, then write 'meaningless verb placed to make grammatically-correct sentences in fake computation problems.' Repeat with 'return'.

It becomes much easier then ;)
actually it makes perfect sense the way it is.
given that the context is that of graph theory. which it was.

oh noes! teh grammars police are coming to get me!

ajdlinux

HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
actually it makes perfect sense the way it is.
given that the context is that of graph theory. which it was.

oh noes! teh grammars police are coming to get me!
Yes, except when you redefine the words in a problem so it's no longer a problem it becomes much easier to solve it quickly ;)

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
haha good ol' evade the entire problem route =p

are any of you going on to do comp sci / comp related degrees?
cause damn, SDD is 80% useless

ajdlinux

HSC
I'm looking at doing a comp sci degree. Yes, SDD is 80% useless.

I will do Ext 2 Maths, which I believe is much more useful for Comp Sci.

HSC
ajdlinux said:
'Clearly' isn't true, and while I didn't get your intended interpretation it was still a valid interpretation :p
Valid it may or may not be, but correct it certainly wasn't :p

ajdlinux said:
I cbf reading it in full, but it said that the solution is a simple brute force search, so there you go.

ajdlinux said:
I will do Ext 2 Maths, which I believe is much more useful for Comp Sci.
Oh, it's on!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)