Books: how much is it costing you? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
This sem i think Ive got off quite lightly, Im required to buy @ "proper" texts, which one is aobut 99 and the other about 60 and for ym 2 other units are readers so i think, or hope that they are abotu 30 bucks max, so overall its going to be abotu over 200 bucks.

How about you?

Kulazzi

HSC
I bought a second hand book for $31.50 instead of the usual $65 from co-op. Apart from that, all my other books are $130.20, but as a co-op member I only got it for $123.40

Demandred

HSC
$453

There are some small books which aren't really worth spending money on, just make raid to your library course reserve, and photocopy the sections you need :).

j_davo24

HSC
$350, a cheap semester for me. Lol. The last two were between $425 and $450

get_born

i got 3 books for free from my neighbour. And The English text and writing book is around 20...i was meant to get it for 10, but the girl ended up selling to someone else. So altogether im paying 20 dollars for my text books.:D

L

LaraB

can't remember exactly... but approx...

MD was $32.95, Contacts was $130+$100... Management foundations i think was $90? i think IHRM was around the $70 mark?

So required texts - that's $420 ish... plus a few of the recommended ones coz friends said you'll use em often and the library ones are never there.. they were 2nd hand.. so i think it's about $480 ish total.

I'm not happy with that lol:p but it's better than past semesters by far and better than future ones lol.. not looking forward to 4 law units per semester coz that'll be $800+:(

An unusually cheap semester mainly coz one unit has no textbooks, instead a reader and we have to find and print journal articles ourselves for the rest of the work and the others we have all this online crap as well so otherwise we would've had more so even though it means more work for no good reason, at least it's cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:

ally15

Beep.
HSC
I have to spend $631.95 on textbooks! Im going to die. Does anyone know where i can get 2nd hand Nursing textbooks?????

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
ally15 said:
I have to spend $631.95 on textbooks! Im going to die. Does anyone know where i can get 2nd hand Nursing textbooks?????
it would have cost me around that but I'm borrowing some. three hundred odd?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Um ... $130 something i think. 2 lawish planning books. Plus theres going to be billions of dollars spent on photocopying :p

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Um ... $130 something i think. 2 lawish planning books. Plus theres going to be billions of dollars spent on photocopying :p
which is why i'm hoping people aren't stingy and pay after vsu is intro'd coz otherwise it's hard for the subsidised photocopying to keep going.... don't feel like paying a few hundred extra to photocopy crap i'll never look at again after the semester...

Peoples btw - officeworks is cheaper than uni for photocopying:p if you don't wanna spend as much:)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
LaraB said:
which is why i'm hoping people aren't stingy and pay after vsu is intro'd coz otherwise it's hard for the subsidised photocopying to keep going.... don't feel like paying a few hundred extra to photocopy crap i'll never look at again after the semester...

Peoples btw - officeworks is cheaper than uni for photocopying:p if you don't wanna spend as much:)
OH wow!! thanks for that.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Try about $500-$600 and I'm getting some second hand!! I have to get 7 - 8 textbooks for 4 subjects... That will teach me for transferring to law!! Oh well, I guess Im getting the legal dictionary and referencing guide as well... tsk tsk there goes my drinking money hehe :)

get_born

its not fair! :p I thought i only had to pay 20 dollars for eng, text, and writing... it turns out there are like for books on the list. Ah well! at least i dont have to buy anymore until next semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)