Books that will make a none reader interested in books ! (1 Viewer)

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Only about 100 pages or so:

The Outsider
by Albert Camus.

Tangent

HSC
Alex rider series- if u like action

Artemis fowl series- if u like sci/fi

deltora quest serieses if u like fantasy

happy reading ^^

xpertboy

HSC
Try the Iliad.
Its strange that you mention the Iliad. Thats exactly what my girlfriend did with her seven year old nephew. He hates reading, but she pulled out the Odyssey and the kid got hooked. It helped that the book had a lot of pictures but he was just crazy about all the Greek monsters with odysseus in the odyssey. I guess any good story could captivate the little mate like that. But Greek myths do a pretty good job.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Why not try Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time?
Great reccommendation.

I also reccommend biographies, or comedian short stories. Drew Carey's, Tim Allens, Wil Andersons, Little Britains are all good options.

HSC
second (or third) anyone who mentioned john marsden.

the percy jackson series might work. it's a story that doesn't take itself seriously, the books aren't long and if he's into greek mythology it's quite clever in its adaptations. plus there's a lot of fighting/action and adventure. just ignore the existence of the movie.

also the hunger games, that has a lot of action in it. it's kind of a 'survivor' style story, slow to start with but very suspenseful once you get to the heart of it.

JTwin

HSC
i agree with the people who mentioned harry potter- if you stick it out through the first two books, the rest are so worth it. or just start at the third book (the first two movies are pretty acurate). and i agree with whoever mentioned deltora quest- who cares if they're for younger kids? they're awesome.
the ranger's apprentice series is also really good for adventure, and very easy to read.

HSC
any matthew reilly book, 300 pages of action sequences with a bit of plot thrown in as well, but the emphasis is on guns and explosions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)