Books (1 Viewer)

zeek

HSC
My text list lists several study guides and solutions which are recommended purchases e.g. for physics i have, University Physics Student Solutions Manual Volume One and University Physics Study Guide Vol 1 as recommended texts. I know these aren't absolutely necessary but are they helpful? Are there no solutions in the University Physics textbook (and other textbooks for that matter)? Are the study guides available from the Uni library?

TIA

Libbster

HSC
hey there i did adv physics last year. the textbook has answers to every 2nd question but they are just plain answers and sometimes its really tricky to work out how they got it, so the solution manuals are a really good idea.

i would have got them last year but i couldn't afford them :( if u have any other q's about physics feel free to ask

zeek

HSC
what about the study guides for phys (and math and chem)?

thx lib :)

Libbster

HSC
I think you can definitely give the study guides for maths and chem a miss. I didn't have one for adv chem and I barely used the textbook and i still got 84 :)burn:) and 88. If you do the questions from the book for maths, you should be right but if you want extra practice, there are textbooks in the library that you can borrow.

I wouldn't bother with the physics study guide either, the textbook is pretty good for practise, it has tons of worked examples and if u have the solutions manual, there are plenty of questions to keep you occupied.

zeek

HSC
oooooooo ty

one last question, my chem text list says i need to get "Chemistry - Text & Onekey Blackboard Access Kit (australian Edition)" and "Chemistry: The Molecular Nature Of Matter And Change". Does the first one INCLUDE the second one or is it a totally different text?

thx

EDIT: NVM i called up Dr. Bridgeman and he said that i only need the silberberg book :p

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
first year chem i suppose?!

you dont' need a text book... just have very well organised LN and notes in lectures, and you'd be fine....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)