• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boost Juice (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The pay for a 17 yo is 9.37 an hour. Quite crap, I know.

I'm working friday afternoon, but I'm guessing you'll be in the morning because friday close is hardcore.

Perks? Hmm.. your meal allowance is good. We've also got some very friendly employees. That's about it. Boost is just good customer service and food industry experience, good spending money, not much else. I certainly hope you like cleaning.

HSC
Hey I'm working Friday afternoon too! (2 til 6:30) It's gonna be tough being a newbie. Free Boosts, yum!! As for cleaning ... :(

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Hey I'm working Friday afternoon too! (2 til 6:30) It's gonna be tough being a newbie. Free Boosts, yum!! As for cleaning ... :(
No you don't get free boosts
its like a 10% discount which was nothing :(

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
goan_crazy said:
No you don't get free boosts
its like a 10% discount which was nothing :(
Um... yes you do.

Not from other Boost stores, obviously.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
so what are ur hours like now that you've got uni?

HSC
tis ok. I work twice a week in the afternoons, on the days that I finish uni earlier. But that might change when I change my subjects and thus my timetable.

HSC
yes :(

@ Mitsui, I think they are still hiring but it's not that fun. But I'm a whinger so don't count on my account as reliable. :eek:

cuppy

HSC
N/A
so from experience would you recommend that its a good idea to work while having uni 5 days a week? like is it worth it for the money or does it just leave you exhausted and pushed for time when it comes to revising subjects and getting assisngments/work done on time??

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
cuppy said:
so from experience would you recommend that its a good idea to work while having uni 5 days a week? like is it worth it for the money or does it just leave you exhausted and pushed for time when it comes to revising subjects and getting assisngments/work done on time??
Depends on how many uni hours you have. If you have the weekend, and a few hours here and there where you can visit the library and grab some books, then you'll be fine to work a few arvos a week. Assignments always come down to the night before anyway.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
cuppy said:
if you're worried about having time for assignments, etc but still want to work, just apply to do 1 day a weekend

cuppy

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Depends on how many uni hours you have. If you have the weekend, and a few hours here and there where you can visit the library and grab some books, then you'll be fine to work a few arvos a week. Assignments always come down to the night before anyway.
i've got 23 grueling hours a week! and it takes me a fair bit of time to travel to and from uni. in between i have 1-2 hr breaks but i usually spend the whole time eating or catching up with friends. but on the days i have a late start i can always go to the library for an hour or two to get a bit of work done before my lectures start. however i've noticed time really flies and i hardly get anything done.

cerebaton

HSC
cuppy said:
i've got 23 grueling hours a week! and it takes me a fair bit of time to travel to and from uni. in between i have 1-2 hr breaks but i usually spend the whole time eating or catching up with friends. but on the days i have a late start i can always go to the library for an hour or two to get a bit of work done before my lectures start. however i've noticed time really flies and i hardly get anything done.
Wow we're in almost the same situation. I've got 22hrs of uni a week and it generally takes me between 1 and 1.5 hrs to get to uni from my house. I have quite a few early starts and finish late in the afternoon on most days which sucks...I also have these massive breaks which I try to study in but usually end up sleeping on the library lawn or something similar. The only times I'm really able to work are the night shifts. Currently, I work about 12-15 hrs a week at Maccas, but I've found this to be too hard to maintain already =/. I hate having ot come home early in the morning and knowing I have to be awake in 5 hrs time for uni. So I guess I'm gonna change it so I only do about 8-10hrs and only on Mondays and Fridays nights. Friday nights are the best tmes to work imo, as you don't have to worry about uni the next day or what not. I prefer to keep my weekends free for study, going out, etc.

HSC
23 hours?! It takes me about an hour to get to uni, but I only have a 13 hour week. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)