• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boost Juice ? (1 Viewer)

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
anybody know about how much a 16 y.o. gets paid at Boost Juice?

there's a new store opening in marrickville metro [enmore] but i dunno if i should apply... i used to work at Subway and that was pretty shit pay... wouldn't want that to happen again :confused:

but i've also applied at IKEA. a new store opening in homebush bay but they haven't contacted me yet, but their wages and conditions are better.

thanks in advance :D

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i dont think the pay is particularly high.. probably similar to most food places.. but theres alot more non monetary benefits that are offered which keep people there eg music playing.. all workers being young.. location etc
if your only looking for pay rate in a job good luck in the real world.. theres so many people getting jobs they hate just because it pays well then they end up leaving within a few months and it doesnt look good on a resume if you have had a multitude of jobs for only a few months each.. its good to find something that matches your interests so you enjoy what you do
like ive been at woolworths for 3 years and i have great friends.. flexible hours and its a 2 min drive from my house.. the pay is more than some places but less than others and it doesnt really phase me.. and i dont really intend on leaving there anytime soon
basically dont go for a job because of the pay.. getting a job at ikea with a higher rate but working with all old people and dealing with all older customers wouldnt be as good as working with young people in an energetic environment in my opinion.. thats just something to think about

Abtari

HSC
How much did you get paid at Subway, it can't be that bad, can it?

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
oh it was REALLY bad. degrading i reckon.
$6 when i was 15. and $6.50 when i turned 16. the environment was okay i guess, except that when i'd be having 9 hour shifts with one lunch break i'd be on my feet for the rest of the shift. tiring. and if i wore flat leather shoes i don't think the customers would see me [am v.short].

subway was fun but in some ways i don't think it was that worth it

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
haha and the dodgy burp
mann.. i can out-belch anyone i tells ya :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
boost would be fun to work at. clean as well, since there's no cooking, everything is fresh

go to other job websites like seek and careerone and type in "christmas" as the keyword to find other jobs

is a roflcopter
HSC
boost is very hectic
i see the neverending queues of people at my lunchbreak

HSC
belly_moo said:
but i've also applied at IKEA. a new store opening in homebush bay but they haven't contacted me yet, but their wages and conditions are better.

thanks in advance :D
off-topic: my mate just got his contract as marketing manager - first job out of uni :D

biased, i would go for ikea ;) but probably less chance of a 16y.o working there than a take-away store.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
woah you got big payrise jumps. when my manager found out i turned 16 he gave me a flimsy 50c payrise o_O

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
belly_moo said:
woah you got big payrise jumps. when my manager found out i turned 16 he gave me a flimsy 50c payrise o_O
its not the manager
its what the employment award specifies
your employer works under the subway umbrella and can only pay you what hes allowed to pay
that money that you got at subway is excellent compared to some other places. i started at pizza hut at that age and started on 5.50 an hour, even lower when i was only training. dont complain, ur not going to find anything better, youre only fifteen for gods sake!

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
=O !!! $5.50 an hour?? dude your earning less than a buck for every ten minutes your working there !!

you still working at pizza hut now ?

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
i USED to work at boost, in the summer holidays. the pay is pretty bad for a 16 yo. i got under $10/hr when i was 18...and its not as fun as it looks.

ITS HARDWORK STINKING LABOUR! AND I WAS ONLY THERE FOR A MONTH at hurstville...

after working at boost juice, i vowed to never work in hospitality again :p now im at myer city - retail all the way :D :uhhuh:

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
serious? =|
i've already given in my resume though. ahh well. too late i guess.
but i'm getting desperate for a job and 16 year olds like myself can't get jobs at places like Myer. not 'high class' enough for that kinda retail biz.
and it's hard to get into retail when you're a 16y.o. with no retailing experience eeeek..

[this is slightly off topic but ..] you work in Myer in the city? bahaha my friend went there to buy socks today. she needed em for work this arvo at the cinemas on george st. do you get massive discounts at Myer? :D

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
belly_moo said:
=O !!! $5.50 an hour?? dude your earning less than a buck for every ten minutes your working there !!
It's not so bad. One of my friends (20 yrs old)did work experience in a law firm in HK last summer holidays.
He got paid HK$20 an hour, which is equivalent to a $3.49 in Australian dollars. He also got worked to death typing up letters and other odds and ends (probably like a maid) I know it's only work experience but still...hehe...slave labour.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)