Boost (1 Viewer)

sexibexi628

HSC
hey guys :)

i have a group interview with boost in a few days in the brisbane city store.
has anyone been to a boost interview before?
what group activities do you need to do etc?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Hmm my store doesn't do group interviews.

The best thing to do would be to just be friendly, smile and look like you're enjoying yourself. I don't think they'd do any customer service scenarios or anything, but they'll be looking to see how you interact with other people.

My interview involved my boss talking about the job and me smiling and nodding.

Heh basically I have no idea. I know everything else there is to know about working at Boost, though. There's another thread about it in this forum somewhere.

Evilo

HSC
I think "looking good" would be a major factor. When i go past the boost juice store near work - everyone seems to be pretty good looking and under the age of about 20 (except the mgr who looks to be about 28). Im not saying you would/wouldn't be hired based on your looks (which is illegal), but yeah it was just a coincedence i noticed.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
well according to her username she's "sexi" so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Evilo said:
I think "looking good" would be a major factor. When i go past the boost juice store near work - everyone seems to be pretty good looking and under the age of about 20 (except the mgr who looks to be about 28). Im not saying you would/wouldn't be hired based on your looks (which is illegal), but yeah it was just a coincedence i noticed.
yeah that's true, boost people are always fairly hot i've noticed. even at stores in fail-town bogan locations. never seen an ugly one yet.

jannny

HSC
That is so true, all boost people I've seen are fairly good looking.. i mean EVERYWHERE. Coincidence? I dont think so..

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you know that it might be because "ugly" people either don't apply or don't have the experience/work eithic/other to get a job there

as for the actual interview...no idea about boost specifically, but product knowledge and selling yourself usually helps
good luck

Evilo

HSC
alby said:
you know that it might be because "ugly" people either don't apply or don't have the experience/work eithic/other to get a job there

as for the actual interview...no idea about boost specifically, but product knowledge and selling yourself usually helps
good luck
Yeah sure i see what your saying. Ummm its against the law for managers to turn away staff based on appearance, they can just use another reason to reject you. But if u remember the song "my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard". If thats a hot chick holding them milkshakes, theres going to be alot more boys @ the yard. lol.

Look at virgin blue, a bunch of 40yo's sued the company because they were not selected because of age. they actually won --> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/04/05/1175366394829.html?s_cid=rss_smh Only because one of the woman resubmitted the application (except putting her age 10 years younger) and subsequently got an interview..

Evilo

HSC
Evilo said:
Yeah sure i see what your saying. Ummm its against the law for managers to turn away staff based on appearance, they can just use another reason to reject you. But if u remember the song "my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard". If thats a hot chick holding them milkshakes, theres going to be alot more boys @ the yard. lol.

Look at virgin blue, a bunch of 40yo's sued the company because they were not selected because of age. they actually won --> http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/04/05/1175366394829.html?s_cid=rss_smh Only because one of the woman resubmitted the application (except putting her age 10 years younger) and subsequently got an interview..
Furthermore i am not accusing Boost juice of hiring people based on their looks, im simply saying there is a extremly high number of attractive (95% females) working in their stores.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
Evilo said:
Furthermore i am not accusing Boost juice of hiring people based on their looks, im simply saying there is a extremly high number of attractive (95% females) working in their stores.
you're right on the females part but wayyyy off with that 95% statistic as far as i'm concerned.

Evilo

HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
you're right on the females part but wayyyy off with that 95% statistic as far as i'm concerned.
yeah im about 5% out, my mistake ;) Yeah at my local boost juice store im yet to see a male boost juice worker.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
There are... 6 guys working at my store. And 7 chicks. I think. We just hired a bunch of attractive people. I think it's because it makes people feel nice when pretty people are friendly to them. It's not that special if an ugly person is friendly.

It used to be more female-dominated but guys are good to work with. They're strong enough to open the juicer and scoop the yogurt when it's frozen. Also they can lift full bins.

I don't think product knowledge is essential, since you'll be asked to do some online quizzes and stuff later on. Know that there's nothing artificial and it's all low fat etc. Know a little bit about the company, say you drink Boost often, say you like the vibe and you want to be a part of it blah blah blah. Act like working at Boost would make you the happiest person in the world, and you just LIVE to make customers happy.

I read some interview / staff selection things today. They're looking for naturally smiley, attentive, happy people.

Evilo

HSC
scarybunny said:
There are... 6 guys working at my store. And 7 chicks. I think.
I'm not accusing you of being a liar, just the one that is stationed next door to where i work (fulltime) has no male workers (that i have seen).

scarybunny said:
We just hired a bunch of attractive people. I think it's because it makes people feel nice when pretty people are friendly to them. It's not that special if an ugly person is friendly.
Which is not a reason to hire someone, its illegal to not hire someone just based on apearence. I know an extremly large girl, everyone feels great (or your term "special") when shes friendly to them (i dont think looks should make any difference).

I read some interview / staff selection things today. They're looking for naturally smiley, attentive, happy people.
And these are all aspects you can see in fat or ugly people. I mean of course! thats what any shop should look for, a drooping sad pesismistic person is more likely to lower sales.

Im a pretty attractive male (without sounding arrogant) so im not defending the "less attractive" people for any reason other than from what ive seen. But you can't deny that there are an extremly low percentage of unattractive workers at juice.

Evilo

HSC
alby said:

good luck
With just over 189 stores opening in Australia, you dont think a few ugly people would have applied for jobs @ boost?

Confidence, attractivness, urge to work (i.e. you want it for a reason other than "yeah just another job"), work ethic, past experience, POS (point of sale experience) would probably all have a say in the job

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Evilo said:
I'm not accusing you of being a liar, just the one that is stationed next door to where i work (fulltime) has no male workers (that i have seen).

Which is not a reason to hire someone, its illegal to not hire someone just based on apearence. I know an extremly large girl, everyone feels great (or your term "special") when shes friendly to them (i dont think looks should make any difference).

And these are all aspects you can see in fat or ugly people. I mean of course! thats what any shop should look for, a drooping sad pesismistic person is more likely to lower sales.

Im a pretty attractive male (without sounding arrogant) so im not defending the "less attractive" people for any reason other than from what ive seen. But you can't deny that there are an extremly low percentage of unattractive workers at juice.
Haha nevermind that I was joking or anything. Most people on this earth aren't unattractive anyway.

Evilo

HSC
Well technically half of the world should be below average in looks, and half the world shoud be above lol!11111!!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Depends on what the average is. I don't find most people uggers. They're not necessarily above average, but they're not hideous.

Actually friendly people are more physically attractive. It's much easier to find someone ugly if they're a bitch.

Evilo

HSC
oh you're right, i mean once you exclude the same sex, and anyone whos outside +/- 2 years of yourself - you're talking about a selected population anyway :)
as per your 2nd statement - agreed.

sexibexi628

HSC
the interview took about 2 seconds and she told me i got the job! best interview ever haha :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)