Boots in the Rain (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I stacked it bad style tonight in my new sexy boots

they look good
keep you warm

they're everything I need.

And there are even some small indentations at the sole of the shoe for grip, because I did think to myself when buying them "will they be slippery in the rain?"

And it wasn't because of any drinkeries, I had to stay sober tonight. I've fallen in these boots twice this week.

How do I get them to get more grip? Is there anything I can buy?

Or do I just need to slice the sole of the shoe a few times with a knife? I'll do whatever, they're good boots. I just need them to survive in the rain....

xJennax

HSC
I've done that with a pair of high heels, got a knife and scratched the bottom.

CieL

HSC
Can't you get an extra sole for the bottom?
Pretty sure they can do it at places you fix shoes..

Skeeta

HSC
yeah I'm pretty sure a bootmaker can put some grippiness on for you.

Or just hack at them with a knife :)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
yeah, go to a shoe repair place and ask them to put a Topy sole on - a rubber sole, esp good for all leather shoes that wear easily (as I've learnt fronm all my v. expensive purchases :( )

it shouldn't cost too much - $30-$40 probably. :)

edit: ohhh but be careful and ask for a thin Topy sole otherwise you might have issues with balance.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I tried the knife thing on a pair of flats once, It didn't really do much except make me look like a freak who massacres her shoes with a knife. I still fell over. Shoe repair place looks like the go.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Footpaths made of that slippery tile stuff should be illegal. Rough concrete or gtfo. Walking down Pitt St in certain pairs of shoes when it's been raining makes me nervous :eek:

rozymisty

HSC
haha even walking around in thongs on those slippery tiles is dangerous, let alone if your wearing stilettos. Funny being at uni when its been raining and seein girls walking around bare foot coz they, including me, dont want to go arse up in front of the cute guys.

Go to a shoe repair store. Thats what I was going to do with the heels for my bro's wedding but didnt get around to it...i found the inner parts to be more troublesome, even with those gel things.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I have this pair of Lacoste flat soul shoes with absolutely no grip and needless to say count your blessings that you didn't slip over on the snow dragging along a suitcase as I did in Jerusalem!

I've accepted the fact that I will never wear those shoes again when I think it will be snowing...thankfully that's not an issue here.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
add glue on the bottom of them boots
add superglue* to the soles and leave face down on the floor to dry

rozymisty

HSC
Or you could do a kath and kim and use velcro dots lol...well if you were walking down carpet but then in that case, there is less chance of you slipping anyway wouldnt there..never got that gag on the show but oh well.

CieL

HSC
rozymisty said:
haha even walking around in thongs on those slippery tiles is dangerous.
Yeah.. my friend was wearing thongs at the front of his house the other day.. walking down the stairs, stacked it bad too.. landed on his tailbone area.. was in so much pain he didnt get up for a good 5mins..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)