Boots... (1 Viewer)

monique66

Okay, so its winter and I want some boots but i'm not sure what exactly to look for. I'm thinking either black or brown with some sort of heel (yeah, i'm a shortie) I don't really have anything specific in mind but i'm thinking suede (sp?) Any suggestions?

monique66

Haha, I think I'll go for suede but I'm not sure about tan, I don't think it'll match my skin tone :(

alby

cool duckie
HSC
where's a good place to get some fairly cheaply priced (but not shitty synthetic lined) boots that still look nice?
i currently live in a pair of brown havs and a pair of black backless flat thingies (hard to describe). i need something that wont freeze my feet off completely. most of the boots these days look really hot..me wants :(

nwatts

HSC
<3 suede. One of our lecturers showed up in green suede boots and knocked everyone out with their glory. Ok, hyperbole aside, they were super cool. tulipa will verify.

monique66

nwatts said:
<3 suede. One of our lecturers showed up in green suede boots and knocked everyone out with their glory. Ok, hyperbole aside, they were super cool. tulipa will verify.
Hey Nick! Long time no talk :)

monique66

alby said:
where's a good place to get some fairly cheaply priced (but not shitty synthetic lined) boots that still look nice?
I'm going to have a look in the little boutiques in the city, hopefully there will be something decently priced available...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i so wish i would wear these!! $2.75 :eek:

would any chain-y places (eg. myer, dj's, fairly large shoe shops) have any nice going out-y (yet still kinda everyday) boots. i'm tired of looking in places and finding absolutely NOTHING that i can wear. </3 manufacturers who make shoes with synthetic soles/lining/uppers :(

Always

HSC
Check out the little Asian shops along George St. and wherever else they are. They're usually pretty good for cute shoes without the heavy price-tag. The quality is poor poor poor, but if it's only going to last for one season then that fact can be overlooked.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
alby said:
i so wish i would wear these!! $2.75 :eek:

would any chain-y places (eg. myer, dj's, fairly large shoe shops) have any nice going out-y (yet still kinda everyday) boots. i'm tired of looking in places and finding absolutely NOTHING that i can wear. </3 manufacturers who make shoes with synthetic soles/lining/uppers :(
they look exactly like my rmk boots

You should check out vnc shoe stores (ones in parrmatta wesfields and one in pitt st mall), they currently have a 30% off boots now

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Mind u that, ankle boots wouldn't look that great on short chicks, esp ones with big hips, you'd just look like a upside down triangle (pointy at the bottom) if you're tall then it'd be alright.

Black military boots are in right now, but will fade out next season, so if u want something that's only last for 1 season and in, then just go to Target (tho the boots are like.. $90, but that's the cheapest) I have never bought shoes from target so i'm too sure bout the quality.
MYER got great HOT boots, but prepare to have $200+ in ur wallet,
to me, $200 for a pair of shoes for one season is not worth it.

So if you want to be in but don't wanna pay that much, jsut get a pair of black boots, no matter which style, cos it's in right now (and forever!!). ;)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
me wants!!
i might go shopping soon......when i have money that is!! lets hope they have some nice ones for under $50 (preferably under $40) in town, though i dont really like my chances

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
alby said:
i currently live in a pair of brown havs and a pair of black backless flat thingies (hard to describe). i need something that wont freeze my feet off completely. most of the boots these days look really hot..me wants :(
You can get a nice pair of boots from FSW Wearhouse - i brought two pairs of boots from there last week which were quiet nice both for around $50

katy-g

HSC
alby said:
me wants!!
i might go shopping soon......when i have money that is!! lets hope they have some nice ones for under $50 (preferably under $40) in town, though i dont really like my chances
Oh alby no... Tassles are no good.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katy-g said:
Oh alby no... Tassles are no good.
agreed.

i already have chloe-ish boots but i want just a plain pair of chocolate brown flat leather boots...

i'm way too picky though, the only ones i can find that i like are too similar to styles i already own.

kaylz

HSC
damnation, if ~*hell*~" is anywhere near Sydney then go to Newtown. Refreds has probably more boots than I've ever seen in any one room, all colours, styles and prices vary greatly... And next door-ish you have MunkyBizness Cafe which has slightlymore expensive boots, but if you're after suede they have about 20974957 different kinds. Okay, more like 5. But I got some way cute gogoboots there a while back.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
imo. the boots look sexy...the tassles could probably be fixed up somehow, and the beading makes it interesting

the other ones i'm looking at are
this and this, or maybe this (but they're a bit expensive)

the girl selling the ones with the tassles said that her friend wanted to get rid of them. her friend's 6 foot & reckons she looks like an amazon woman in them :p i was hoping that at 5'4 i wouldnt look too bad in them

edit: miss savage, where's the wearhouse?

Last edited:

katy-g

HSC
i should take photos of all my boots and post them. they're pretty fucking sexy if i say so myself.

Alas, im far to lazy and still in bed.

Id cut those tassels alby... lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)