Bored of Studies blocked through NSW DET proxy? (1 Viewer)

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
@henry08
"School Cheating Information"

I'm at Ruse, I know it worked 2 weeks ago, I'll check tomorrow at school.

zoeanne

HSC
Mine has been blocked but we complained to the IT teacher and he got it unlblocked for us... they said it was 'cheating' but its unblocked now so its all good

Delinda

HSC
At my school its blocked for anyone who has tried to get onto a banned site before

bawd

HSC
That's odd. It isn't blocked at my school, and I'd hardly see the point of blocking a site which offers oh-so-many education resources. They've blocked pretty much everything else though and I have discerned that the only reason Bored Of Studies isn't blocked is because they don't know about it. (My school seems very ignorant of things at times)

emobopeep

fght ff yr dmns
HSC
bawd said:
I have discerned that the only reason Bored Of Studies isn't blocked is because they don't know about it.
I thought everything was blocked by default by the DET, and schools had to unblock appropriate sites, not the other way around.

kg3000

HSC
Hey all.. im new to this BoS thing, but i found this thread in google, hence i decided to join, as i am completing my HSC this year.

OK, well i am very computer minded, and as a result, there are some steps you can perform to have a less restrictive internet experience:

1- Are you at TAFE or do you do a TVET course?

If you do, you are kindof in luck. things such as forums and blog sites generally seem to be unblocked using these accounts. As i do a TVET course, i have 2 DET portals, one for school and one for TAFE. the TAFE one works at school! so mail.live.com works, but the school account disallows this. One site i believe is legit and should be unblocked is skydrive.live.com, M$'es solution to internet file storage, mabie collectively we could have try and get this unblocked. Newgrounds, YouTube (using a special trick that i will only give to you in a PM, in case moderators for the portal visit here) and several proxy sites work with the TAFE account.

2- Get a flash drive, and install firefoxportable (portableapps.com), with the foxyproxy plugin and get portabletor. unfortunately i havent been able to work out how to get this up and running, but im sure someone tech savvy and sneakier than i here can help.

Look forward to enjoying my stay here,
kg.

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
emobopeep said:
I thought everything was blocked by default by the DET, and schools had to unblock appropriate sites, not the other way around.
Oh, I was not aware of that. My teachers don't seem to know about BoS though.

So everything is blocked by default? Explains why you cannot access 90% the internet. :mad1:

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
this might help....tell me if it works or not
boardofstudies.biz.tm
go there and at the bottom of the site theres at "." hyperlinked to a proxy ;)
have fun

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
From what I know, DETs moved back to a whitelist. Joy.

That means all proxies are now void since, as someone mentioned earlier, it means everything on the net is blocked by default. All new sites are blocked as "Uncategorised" or "Pending" or whatever, until DET decides whether to allow them or not.

Very iffy system because... there are trillions of sites on the net, trillions set up everyday, and there are NOT trillions of DET employees to sort through them all.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah works backwords.

BTW you have to be going to tafe to be eligible for the tafe account, i do IT Tvet ourse and dont have it, but a freind does a Tvet Aviation course and basically lives off enting his password out.

Prick.

benn07

HSC
lol try going through a catholic schools filter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)