Bored of Studies - Chess Competition (1 Viewer)

Who will win the Bored of Studies Chess Competition?

• IAmWinston

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • tejmehta3108

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone! Hope you’re all doing well!

I am excited to announce the first BoS Knockout Round Robin Competition!

Rise to the challenge and climb your way to the very top! Who will emerge as the BoS Chess Champion?

There isn't an exact number of players required. Instead, the competition will start with whatever number of players sign up by Saturday 6 March.

Games will be played through lichess.org.

The only requirement is wanting to play and have fun! Oh, and a lichess.org account.

I will add players in a new post on this same thread (and their lichess usernames) as they sign up.

You can sign up through Google Forms:

Rules:

- Each round will go for 10 days (no extensions allowed).

- Each game will have a time limit of 15 minutes per player.

- The tournament will be played in the form of a round robin/league. This means that you will have to play each player once. A win gets you 1 point, a tie gets you half a point, and a loss no points. The player with the highest number of points (once all games are completed) wins. In the case of a tie in points, a specific procedure will be determined to decide the winner.

- Once the draw is released, you and your opponent need to contact each other to agree on a time for your match to take place. You will have to communicate with all of your opponents in order to play all your games.

- Once a match is over, the winner is required to direct message me (jimmysmith560) with the result. Please don't post results on the thread as it might clog other information.

- If a player is caught cheating, they will be disqualified and all their games will count as losses, meaning their opponents claim the 3 points. So please don’t cheat, because the only person you will be cheating is yourself.

- If a player fails to respond to their opponent's message within a specified time limit, the opponent gets the win and the 3 points. If both players succesfully contact each other, but were unable to schedule a game, they draw and receive one point each.

You can view your current and upcoming games using the following Google Doc (Official draw available):

The due date for registrations is Saturday 6th March. The competition will officially begin on Sunday 7th March.

Best of luck to all players, and let the games begin! ♟️

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
How do we coordinate when the opponents can battle at the same time, people have other commitments to school, work, family, sports etc

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
How do we coordinate when the opponents can battle at the same time, people have other commitments to school, work, family, sports etc
Once you’re drawn, you and your opponent contact each other and agree on a time where you would both be free to play. It’s not necessary for all the matches to take place at the same time.

Want90Atar

HSC
Hey everyone! Hope you’re all doing well!

I am excited to announce the first BoS Knockout Chess Competition!

Rise to the challenge and climb your way to the very top! Who will emerge as the BoS Chess Champion?

This tournament will consist of exactly 32 players and is a knockout tournament, where only winners progress to the next round.

Games will be played through lichess.org.

The only requirement is wanting to play and have fun! Oh, and a lichess.org account.

I will add players in a new post on this same thread (and their lichess usernames) as they sign up, and once 32 players enter, the draw will be announced shortly after. If less than 32 players sign up by Saturday 6 March, the first 16 players will compete instead.

You can sign up through Google Forms:

Rules:

- Each game will have a time limit of 15 minutes per player.

- Only the winner advances to the next round. In case of a draw, rematches will be played until there is a winner.

- Once the draw is released, you and your opponent need to contact each other to agree on a time for your match to take place.

- Once a match is over, the winner is required to direct message me (jimmysmith560) with the result. Please don't post results on the thread as it might clog other information.

- If a player is caught cheating, they will be disqualified and their opponent advances to the next round. So please don’t cheat, because the only person you will be cheating is yourself.

Best of luck to all players, and let the games begin! ♟️
I’m joining brah I will beat everyone back2 back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)