BOS approved program (1 Viewer)

markz

HSC
Hello, my name is Nigel

my career advisor at school said he had a program that he bought from BOS (the real BOS lolol) that is the official UAI prediction program. Anyone got experience?

Thanks, Nigel's

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There isn't any "official" UAI prediction program that the Board of Studies offers. The closest thing I could think of that could be what they bought was the PEDC UAI program which really isn't that good...

markz

HSC
Ragerunner said:
There isn't any "official" UAI prediction program that the Board of Studies offers. The closest thing I could think of that could be what they bought was the PEDC UAI program which really isn't that good...
thanks buddy. I'm gonna call out my career advisor then lolol. If I'm wrong (which is to say YOU ARE WRONG) I shall be comming for you :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'm sure there isn't any. Even the Board of Studies does not condone the use of UAI predictors. If in the unlikely chance that your careers advisor does pull out a program that seems to be official, he'd might want to have a closer look because it's most likely he was conned :p

SAM in my opinion is the best program to use, and it's free too unless you want the better features and purchase premium membership which I encourage to do a lot :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
The UAI estimate program that my school brought claims to be more accurate than this one (SAM). They use data from last year's Year 12 and apply it to our cohort. Whether it is accurate or not is debatable, but I got an estimate of 99 from that program so I'm hoping it is accurate!!!lol:D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Trebla said:
The UAI estimate program that my school brought claims to be more accurate than this one (SAM). They use data from last year's Year 12 and apply it to our cohort. Whether it is accurate or not is debatable, but I got an estimate of 99 from that program so I'm hoping it is accurate!!!lol:D
Yes, a program that has been tailored to your specific school is likely to be more accurate than SAM.

But for general programs of wider application, it's hard to do much better than SAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)