Bos Are Gay!! (1 Viewer)

Hawkeye

I recieved a letter asking for special provisions for my HSC. My handwriting is absolute shit. They turned my original request. Appealed. Then got this

"After careful consideration of the evidence presented in the appeal, the BOS has determined that you be granted Extra time for rest of 5 minutes per half hour."

This is in reponse to the fact my wrist cramps severly from excessive writing. Sporting injuries from goalkeeping in soccer.

"The request for the use of a laptop in HSC is declined. Your essays have been reviewed and have been considered legible. Your writing speed is outside the guidelines for the granting of a laptop."

I did 700 words in half an hour for my first essay but when the cramps kicked in, I only wrote 520:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Its fucking pissing me off.

bobo123

HSC
1200 words in an hour is pretty good :)

laptops can be distracting
i know this guy who uses a laptop for school
all he does is play games :p

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah I use a laptop at school...

I have forgetten how to write...

And like Hawkeye I have been knocked back...

I havnt had a letter as such by the handwriting guy at school reckons I need to appeal

I will flunk out if I dont have a computer in the HSC :(

Twintip

They have to be careful with the laptop things because all the people who've sat in front of computers their whole childhood are more likely to be shit at handwriting and also more likely to be quicker typers. So they are both more likely to get it and more likely to take gross advantage of it.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by L'annee Douze
By the way its ok to be gay :p
Now from the serious to the absurdist....

Im thinking of the BOS all being gay...

Like when they are marking they are talking bout the mardi gras en shit.

Rahul

Dead Member
i actually didnt post inhere b4 coz i thought the name of the thread was "BOYS ARE GAY".....damm computer eyes

yeh i agree.....somthings are pretty stupid, Board OS included.

losty

OMG i cant believe people would even be allowed to use laptops in the hsc!!!! that is a very big unfiar advamntage and if anyone was using them in my hsc at my school i would complain because its just not write.... how does it work neway? do they type thier essay etc in microsoft word or soemthing because um doesnt the word thesaurus come to mind..... not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what just because someone is a slow writter or has shit handwriting they can get extra time? im sorry but thats not fair either very messy writing should not be an issue because they have special people who read it? besides 5 minutes per 1/2 hour..-3 hr exam- you can do a hell of a lot of extra work in 1/2 and hour and that alone is not fair!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by losty
how does it work neway? do they type thier essay etc in microsoft word or soemthing because um doesnt the word thesaurus come to mind..... not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can do a hell of a lot of extra work in 1/2 and hour and that alone is not fair!
well they are supposed to disable the a drive, and the spelling and thesaurus in microsoft word (BUT THEY DONT, cause my friend got special provisions...so yeah, but I dont want to incriminate anyone).

I agree, some are do just rort the system, but then again there are other people who seriously do have wrist injuries etc, or their writing is just unreadable.

yeah an extra half hour in the hsc, would have been like gold for me.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Well mine has been relooked at and has been approved BECAUSE

- I had a letter from an Occupational Therapist about my condition (Hand experiences pain after 2 mins of writing, and I have some syndrome)
- I typed wpm the same as I wrote so there is NO advantage
- My handwriting was crap

But i agree people who can type 50wpm+ would have a huge advantages.

big_will08

50wpm??
i wish i was eligible for a laptop!!
according to typetest.com, i type at 86wpm!!
hehehe

too much msning i reckon!:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)