BoS Past Papers (1 Viewer)

strawbinnie

HSC
Can anyone link the 2019, 2020 and 2021 BoS past papers for the new chemistry syllabus.
Or let me know where I can find them

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Below is a link to the 2020 BoS Chemistry trial. It was actually the first BoS Chemistry trial exam to be written:

Below is a link to the 2021 BoS Chemistry trial. Note that the solutions have not yet been released, meaning that you should regularly check for updates as the solutions will be released prior to the Chemistry HSC exam:

I hope this helps! 😄

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
BoS trial papers have mainly been written for Maths (mainly Ext1 and Ext2) since 2012. The Chemistry papers only came in for the first time last year in 2020. This is mainly due to the fact that we now have new people who are dedicated to volunteering their time to writing what is a very useful resource for the student community (for which I am and I'm sure many students are grateful for). The ability to expand to other subjects is therefore dependent on finding other people in the community with both the subject matter expertise as well as the commitment to put together a trial paper.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
BoS trial papers have mainly been written for Maths (mainly Ext1 and Ext2) since 2012. The Chemistry papers only came in for the first time last year in 2020. This is mainly due to the fact that we now have new people who are dedicated to volunteering their time to writing what is a very useful resource for the student community (for which I am and I'm sure many students are grateful for). The ability to expand to other subjects is therefore dependent on finding other people in the community with both the subject matter expertise as well as the commitment to put together a trial paper.
How much percent of Chemistry papers have been marked?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
How much percent of Chemistry papers have been marked?
I'm responsible for marking all of the chemistry. I am also marking parts of the MX2 and MX1 papers. Given the order of the exams, our first priority is to get the MX2 papers marked.

I am progressing on marking both MX2 and chemistry. To give you some scale of the task, here is a picture of the stack of chemistry papers:

thumbnail_IMG_8415.jpg

This is sitting next to me as I type because I have been going through question-by-question.

I'm not going to give a definite time frame, but Trebla has said we will get papers back before the HSC exams, and for chemistry I am confident that will be well before.

5uckerberg

HSC
Em, what happened to the Mathematics Advanced albeit 2 unit mathematics Bored of Studies papers did people stop writing them after 2015, or is there, not much interest.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
There has been some consideration to restarting Advanced papers, though it won't happen in 2021.

Speaking only for myself, the fact that there were significantly more registrations than participants this year was disappointing / discouraging. Writing these papers takes a very considerable amount of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)